This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh god the anime is painful

#11nitttPosted 3/22/2013 11:18:46 PM
I feel like the Anime has lost a bit of its touch and seriousness over time. With Best Wishes, they took a bit of risk by changing the perception of a few characters.

We lost Brock for Cilan, Dawn for Iris and Ash's mannerism has toned down a bit.

I do agree, put a swing to this, and maybe make a second Pokemon series that is a bit more serious and see how that rolls, like how Yugioh GX flipped to Yugioh 5Ds (and then back again to ZeXal >.>)..........but then again, Pokemon Anime is aimed at young children like us when we were young, ah memories.
---
Recently Finished Game: Ni No Kuni (PS3), The Last Story (Wii)
Current Game: Pandora's Tower (soon) (Wii), TBA (PS3), MH3U (WiiU)
#12solarisjediPosted 3/23/2013 2:17:36 AM
Things like that are why I skipped most of the Sinnoh arc. Though admittedly it had some particularly epic battles.

Ash was never exactly the brightest bulb in the box, but the latest season just...there are times where I want to punch him in the face.

I also hate that the writers are make it so every battle against his rival results in him being absolutely curbstomped. They did the same thing in Sinnoh. I mean, I don't want him winning those earlier battles, but at least have him get a bit closer each time instead of making him look utterly pathetic as a trainer.
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
#13Xmegazer0Posted 3/23/2013 3:48:52 AM
oh and pikachu always gets weak after entering a new region
#14MettanAtemPosted 3/23/2013 4:07:39 AM
nittt posted...
We lost Brock for Cilan, Dawn for Iris

To be fair, Brock's long since lost his purpose in the show, and Dawn stopped being relevant at the end of Sinnoh.
#15Catcher_FreemanPosted 3/23/2013 4:10:01 AM
Things like that are why I skipped most of the Sinnoh arc.

It's the best arc.

Watch it.