This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you were a scientist...

#1AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/23/2013 3:05:09 AM
A long time ago I created topics called Pokemon Laboratory with different sciences (some names I made up). Sciences such as Pokemon Geology (the study of ground, rock, and steel type pokemon, their enviornment, the items that are associated with them etc). I made separate topics for each subject and it was kind of a CYOA thing. Anyways I'm not doing that because it's too much of a hassle. The subjects are below. Choose one and choose a team of pokemon (single or dual typed or both) that you would have that pertains to your subject.

Pokemon Geology: (explained above)

Pokemon Hydrology: the study of water type pokemon and moves, their environment and the items associated with them.

Pokemon Pyrology: The study of fire-type pokemon and moves, their environment and the items associated with them.

Pokemon Electrology: The study of electric-type pokemon and moves, their environment and the items associated with them.

Pokemon Cryology: The study of ice-type pokemon, moves, their environment, and the items associated with them. (Glaciology would be the more correct term but I like Cryology better)

Pokemon Botany: The study of grass type pokemon, moves, environment, and the items associated with it.

Pokemon Toxicology The study of poison type pokemon, moves, environment, and the items associated with it.

Pokemon Entomology: The study of bug type pokemon, moves, environment, and the items associated with it..

Pokemon Parapsychology: The study of psychic type pokemon, moves, environment, and the items associated with it.

Pokemon Spectrology: The study of ghost type pokemon, moves, environment, and the items associated with it.

Pokemon Scotobiology: The study of Dark type pokemon, moves, environment, and the items associated with it.

Pokemon Aerodynamics: The study of flying type pokemon, moves, environment, and the items associated with it.

Pokemon Martial Arts (not exactly a science I know, instead of a lab it's a dojo) The study of fighting type pokemon, moves, environment, and the items associated with it.

Pokemon Dracology: The study of dragon type pokemon, moves, environment, and the items associated with it. (this was actually referred to as Mythology in my past topics)

These are general terms feel free to be more specialized such as Marine Biology, studying specifically pokemon that live in the sea and ocean and choosing pokemon such as Lanturn or Seaking.

Some of these terms may not be correct but it's Pokemon so I don't care. This topic may not go anywhere but I thought I would share it with you guys. Btw Normal hasn't been represented it because I view it as the default type so if anyone of you have any ideas.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#2Jrx1Posted 3/23/2013 3:08:07 AM
Pokemon Parapsychology.

Psychic all the way.
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#3AuroraSonicBeam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 3:13:57 AM
Remember people choose the science and your team of 6 pokemon pertaining to your field
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#4PhantomLink1Posted 3/23/2013 5:33:06 AM
Pokemon Cryology.

Abomasnow
Rotom-F
Lapras
Cloyster
Glalie
Froslass

As for what I'de study specifically. Different kinds of Ice? For example, what makes Kyurem's Ice so durable, what makes Regice's body never melt and whether it's connected to NeverMeltIce and the Ice Rock (etc.).
---
http://tinyurl.com/thepartycannon II http://tinyurl.com/eyeofcthulhu
Imaster's Comic - http://legendofmaxx.com/
#5MettanAtemPosted 3/23/2013 5:45:01 AM(edited)
Honestly, Martial Arts. I'd make a team that's pretty much Pokemon MMA.

Blaziken
Conkeldurr
Mienshao
Hariyama
Scrafty
Breloom

All other Fighting types would be welcome in my Dojo.

In my Dojo, we could learn how users of Mach Punch (ESPECIALLY Conkeldurr) are able to suddenly accelerate themselves to blinding speeds! We could learn the perfect High Jump Kick! We could even learn when it's acceptable to fight dirty to take down those dishonorable Psychic freaks! (No offense, Gallade!)
#6RatedRKO7Posted 3/23/2013 5:52:09 AM
I remember this ASB. Good times good times. Last time I was in Marine Biology but my favorite type is Steel so I'll be in Geology this time. Team of Empoleon Lucario Magnezone Excadril Rhyperior and Crustle. Too bad you aren't doing it again.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Pokemon X & Y takes place in France started 1/8/13 Official Infernape and Jasmine of The Pokemon X Board and Kyogre of Pokemon Y
#7ChangliniPosted 3/23/2013 6:08:09 AM
Wasn't this on the Pokemon Ruby Social Board?
It was really nice community thing at the time, sad it's gone now.
#8RatedRKO7Posted 3/23/2013 6:17:28 AM
Changlini posted...
Wasn't this on the Pokemon Ruby Social Board?
It was really nice community thing at the time, sad it's gone now.

Yes. Like I said good times good times. It was the first CYOA that I took part of. After the collapse TheToadMaster3 and I restarted it there but moved it to www.pokemonnights.web.com but then the site went on hiatus. Months later I discovered we could still post though. ASB if you wanted to know how it turned out here is the link
http://pokemonnights.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/1789564-log-topic
It was fun when it lasted. Thanks for the memories.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Pokemon X & Y takes place in France started 1/8/13 Official Infernape and Jasmine of The Pokemon X Board and Kyogre of Pokemon Y
#9Cheesepower5Posted 3/23/2013 6:43:59 AM(edited)
Jrx1 posted...
Pokemon Parapsychology.

Psychic all the way.

I've got Metagross, Jynx, Darmanitan (With Zen Mode Ability,) Alakazam, Gallade and Xatu. My studies pertain to the Pokemon mind, how it affects behaviour and where in evolution Psychic power comes into play.
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
"We get off on your tears." - Atlus USA, on Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Demons' Souls
#10ninjarauiPosted 3/23/2013 7:18:24 AM
Pokemon Pyrology:

Arcanine
Charizard
Flareon
Rapidash
Ninetales
Ditto