This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Decentralizing the Metagame: Two moves I thought of

#11iKhanicPosted 3/23/2013 9:41:58 AM
Relient_K posted...
Why would grass, the only type weak to poison, be immune to this?

The same reason Fire-types are powered up in a weather condition that gives several boosts to Grass types
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#12Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:42:25 AM
iKhanic posted...
Relient_K posted...
Why would grass, the only type weak to poison, be immune to this?

The same reason Fire-types are powered up in a weather condition that gives several boosts to Grass types

I MEAN yeah, this. Duh.
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#13DarkDragon386Posted 3/23/2013 9:53:56 AM(edited)
One weather effect I always thought would be cool

Darkness
-Dark and Ghost moves get a 50% boost to their power
-Dark types get 1 boost in defense
-Psychic moves get a 50% reduction to their power

Other things I was thinking about, but not sure
-Non Dark, Ghost, or Bug types experience a 5% of being too afraid to attack (or some other low percentage). Pure setup moves still work without fail chance. (Let's make the metagame more favorable to Scizor)
-Curse and bad dreams now saps 1/3 of the targets HP
-Ghost and Dark types can bypass shadow tag, arena trap, wrap, fire spin, mean look, etc.
-Moonlight restores 66% of HP. Morning sun restores 25% of HP.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#14Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:13:37 AM
DarkDragon386 posted...
One weather effect I always thought would be cool

Darkness
-Dark and Ghost moves get a 50% boost to their power
-Dark types get 1 boost in defense
-Psychic moves get a 50% reduction to their power

Other things I was thinking about, but not sure
-Non Dark, Ghost, or Bug types experience a 5% of being too afraid to attack (or some other low percentage). Pure setup moves still work without fail chance. (Let's make the metagame more favorable to Scizor)
-Curse and bad dreams now saps 1/3 of the targets HP
-Ghost and Dark types can bypass shadow tag, arena trap, wrap, fire spin, mean look, etc.
-Moonlight restores 66% of HP. Morning sun restores 25% of HP.

I like the setup/bypassing trappers thing.
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#15iKhanicPosted 3/23/2013 10:20:32 AM
What if something like this could happen to all different kinds of weather moves.

You could have an attack called "Oil Rain" that makes all fire type attacks hit 100% of the time with boosted power

My Pollen storm idea could be added on to the Sun weather condition
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#16Omega_YoshiPosted 3/23/2013 10:36:33 AM
I like the idea of counter set-up moves, but something like acid rain is WAY too limited.
Something like that is better suited for a passive ability... I'll call it Pollution
Turns Rain into Acid Rain
Turns Sunny Day into Haze*
Turns Hail into Black Ice**

*Now weather effect: Negates all stat changes, and causes a "Taunt" effect on fire and grass types for the duration.
**Reduces evasiveness of all but poison and flying/levitate types for the duration
#17Omega_YoshiPosted 3/23/2013 10:37:54 AM
iKhanic posted...
What if something like this could happen to all different kinds of weather moves.

You could have an attack called "Oil Rain" that makes all fire type attacks hit 100% of the time with boosted power

My Pollen storm idea could be added on to the Sun weather condition

Oops, kinda your idea... sorry :P
#18Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:42:58 AM
Omega_Yoshi posted...
I like the idea of counter set-up moves, but something like acid rain is WAY too limited.
Something like that is better suited for a passive ability... I'll call it Pollution

*Now weather effect: Negates all stat changes, and causes a "Taunt" effect on fire and grass types for the duration.
**Reduces evasiveness of all but poison and flying/levitate types for the duration

Sounds less "Anti-Rain" and more "Poision destroys everything".
---
#19Omega_YoshiPosted 3/23/2013 10:45:32 AM
Crabhammar posted...
Omega_Yoshi posted...

Sounds less "Anti-Rain" and more "Poision destroys everything".

Hahaha yeah... would be nice for my long- anticipated Poison Legendary though :D