This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X and Y on the Wii U

#1thisguy12Posted 3/23/2013 8:29:15 AM
I don't understand why the main pokemon games are only developed for the handheld systems.
Wouldn't a FULL HD Wii U pokemon game be amazing?
The gamepad can show your current party.

So. Much. Potential.

Thoughts?
#2TranquilSeaPosted 3/23/2013 8:29:54 AM
And be limited to playing it in front of a television? No thanks.
---
I hope you dance
#3ThatKippPosted 3/23/2013 8:34:32 AM
I'm hoping they'll make a unique console RPG this generation instead of a game where you only do battling. A big selling point of previous Pokemon console games was being able to see battles play out in 3D. Now that we're getting that in the handheld games, how will they advertise the new one? HD doesn't seem like a good enough selling point to me. I think the next main console title will need more content.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#4Serebii from SPPPosted 3/23/2013 8:35:49 AM
thisguy12 posted...
I don't understand why the main pokemon games are only developed for the handheld systems.

So. Much. Potential.

Thoughts?

It's because the games are intended to be social, for you to take them with you and trade and battle with people. The developers have said outright that the main games will never be on a home console for reasons such as this
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#5Hydra_Gundam_Posted 3/23/2013 8:36:09 AM
Thats what gamers like, changes and innovation.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#6GhetsisPosted 3/23/2013 8:48:34 AM
thisguy12 posted...

So. Much. Potential.

Thoughts?

I would love to have to drag a Wii U and extra television over to my friend's house when we just want to do Entralink or something. Or heck, trade and battle. There are still places without internet, so online wouldn't fix that problem.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#7javel34Posted 3/23/2013 9:03:42 AM
thisguy12 posted...
I don't understand why the main pokemon games are only developed for the handheld systems. Wouldn't a FULL HD Wii U pokemon game be amazing?

So. Much. Potential.

Thoughts?

The guy who made them pretty much said if its up to him it will remain on handhelds too. I don't mind, but if there ever was a system suited for pokemon on the tv it's the wii u IMO.
---
Black 2 FC:0519 5089 8733
#8EternalNetherPosted 3/23/2013 9:12:43 AM
It's much harder to make social games like Pokemon on a home console, as many others have already said.

In addition, to make an entirely new region (fully fledged Pokemon game/generation) with Wii U level HD graphics would mean to spend a substantially larger amount of money on development, meaning fewer profits in the grand scheme of things.
---
PSN: Solirus
Feel free to add me.
#9faruwayPosted 3/23/2013 9:21:59 AM
One question, Gamefreak haven't made a Stadium/Battle Revolution game of the Gen 5 yet? Am I right?
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#10pokemega32Posted 3/23/2013 9:26:54 AM
faruway posted...
One question, Gamefreak haven't made a Stadium/Battle Revolution game of the Gen 5 yet? Am I right?

Game Freak hasn't made a Stadium/Battle Revolution-type game ever.

Spin-offs are developed by other groups. Game Freak only makes the main titles.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.