This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or is the anime actually getting good?

#21LexifoxPosted 3/23/2013 7:33:14 PM
This isn't the anime getting "good". This is the anime appealing to your sense of nostaliga in a way that doesn't make you angry because "OMG THEY'RE JUST RECYCLING THE STORIES".
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#22BlackSaborPosted 3/23/2013 7:36:31 PM
Bountyan posted...
No, Best Wishes still kind of sucks compared to the Hoenn and Sinnoh parts of the anime. Now they're just shoehorning in a bunch of gimmicks so people will like it from nostalgia.

Oh god get out. Sinnoh was the worst by far. At least this will have SOMETHING to it. I don't care if Brock was still around, Sinnoh seasons were the ultimate downfall in every way. (I still miss old team rocket theme. Sigh)
#23faruwayPosted 3/23/2013 8:08:38 PM
BlackSabor posted...
Bountyan posted...
No, Best Wishes still kind of sucks compared to the Hoenn and Sinnoh parts of the anime. Now they're just shoehorning in a bunch of gimmicks so people will like it from nostalgia.

Oh god get out. Sinnoh was the worst by far. At least this will have SOMETHING to it. I don't care if Brock was still around, Sinnoh seasons were the ultimate downfall in every way. (I still miss old team rocket theme. Sigh)

Why Sinnoh was the worst? There are some great developing moments in there, like Ash's Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape always went berserk when his Ability, Blaze, is activated and Ash had to stop it until during Ash's fight against Volkner, Infernape finally control his Ability. Also the Sinnoh League, the battle between Ash and Paul is one of the most intense battles I've ever seen in the Pokemon anime. Paul's Drapion and Electivire vs Ash's Gliscor and Infernape, amazingly done!
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#24LightningAce11Posted 3/23/2013 8:10:30 PM
faruway posted...
BlackSabor posted...
Bountyan posted...

Why Sinnoh was the worst? There are some great developing moments in there, like Ash's Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape always went berserk when his Ability, Blaze, is activated and Ash had to stop it until during Ash's fight against Volkner, Infernape finally control his Ability. Also the Sinnoh League, the battle between Ash and Paul is one of the most intense battles I've ever seen in the Pokemon anime. Paul's Drapion and Electivire vs Ash's Gliscor and Infernape, amazingly done!

Agreed. Sinnoh was the best, because ash was at his smartest.
---
http://www.gifbin.com/f/981329
No! Because I work at ze muffin factory!
#25RatedRKO7Posted 3/23/2013 8:24:54 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
faruway posted...
BlackSabor posted...
Bountyan posted...

Agreed. Sinnoh was the best, because ash was at his smartest.

Agreed. Also Paul was a great rival.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Pokemon X & Y takes place in France started 1/8/13 Official Infernape and Jasmine of The Pokemon X Board and Kyogre of Pokemon Y
#26Kahroo12012Posted 3/24/2013 12:06:43 PM
The anime stopped being good after Jhoto. And after Veronica Taylor got fired.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#27LexifoxPosted 3/24/2013 12:11:20 PM
Kahroo12012 posted...
The anime stopped being good after Jhoto. And after Veronica Taylor got fired.

So at what point did it become good between the two points?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#28Capitan_KidPosted 3/24/2013 12:13:24 PM
Does the anime start the next gen before the games?
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#29LexifoxPosted 3/24/2013 12:18:01 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...

The BW episodes are ending soon and they'll basically be going to Orange Islands 2, but there's no word on when the anime hits X/Y.
---
#30Kahroo12012Posted 3/24/2013 12:23:29 PM
Lexifox posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

The BW episodes are ending soon and they'll basically be going to Orange Islands 2, but there's no word on when the anime hits X/Y.

Orange Islands 2?
---
Posted using GameFlux