This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WiFi Features You Want Added

#1Shadow_CharzardPosted 3/23/2013 1:03:00 PM
It's a new dawn, it's a new day, and it's a new Gen. Many things tend to change from game to game, but since the inception of WiFi features, not much has been modified. I think there need to be more--and, frankly, better--options for battling online.

Why aren't there more battle style options for Random Matchup? I want to be able to get into a full, 6-on-6 Anything Goes battle with anyone in the world, without being forced to throw my FC around and manually set up these matches. Pokemon Online is great for that, but I want to do the same with my real Pokemon ("real"...you know what I mean). Union Room has that option, WiFi doesn't? Something's fishy there.

What kinds of WiFi features would you like to see?
#2thebrawler56Posted 3/23/2013 1:05:05 PM
Open level, lv 75, lv 50, and lv 25 matches would be great.
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2373567/falcon-punch-o.gif .Falcon Paradox!
#3BlueGaryOakPosted 3/23/2013 1:05:14 PM
I want user-names.

I don't plan on buying a WiiU, but I will buy a 3DS. I dislike friend codes.
---
I am ddg
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 3/23/2013 1:12:35 PM
Wi-Fi no restrictions battles would be fantastic. Although, I could see lots of people using Arceus on there... That wouldn't be fun. It would probably lead to a lot of people hacking for him. Maybe make a rule that bans him.

6-on-6 flat battles. I can't BELIEVE this wasn't done! When fighting someone I know, I can either A) have three level 50s, or B) have 6 Pokemon that are random levels above 50 vs. his level 100s... Hmm... Seriously, it would be so much better if you could do 6-on-6 flat battles.

For trading, can we PLEASE be able to trade stuff that have Ribbons? Cuz I would very much like to trade old Pokemon, but back on SoulSIlver I had them in my party when I fought Red. Now I have a ribbon on it and I can't trade it.

Also for trading, let's NOT limit what you can ask for based on what's in your Pokedex. How about we can ask for shinies, Pokerus, etc. Or maybe offer one Pokemon for a variety of different things (Thunderus is not the ONLY Kami Trio member I want. I'll trade <insert Pokemon here> for any of them).

Maybe another thing that would be nice is letting people see the nicknames you gave when fighting. You can see the nicknames when trading (I've gotten Pokemon with swear words in their nicknames before), why can't people see Fluffy the Haxorus and Roflstompr the Terrakion?

I could go on, but I don't feel like it.
I'm sure SOMEONE agrees with me on SOMETHING.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#5Storm101Posted 3/23/2013 1:14:19 PM
The return of 6v6 Wi-Fi flat rules. For ****s sake, PLEASE. It's mind-boggling why it was even removed.
#6Shadow_Charzard(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 1:52:20 PM
Glad to see that there's universal demand for 6v6 battles. If only Game Freak would hear us...
#7Storm101Posted 3/23/2013 1:57:43 PM
Not really 6v6 battles for random matchup, I just want the feature that scales all Pokemon to the same level in 6v6 battles back. They allow it in local battles, but not Wi-Fi which makes its removal even more mind-boggling.
#8AlphaDiamondPosted 3/23/2013 3:53:11 PM
CakeOfLies posted...

Also for trading, let's NOT limit what you can ask for based on what's in your Pokedex. How about we can ask for shinies, Pokerus, etc. Or maybe offer one Pokemon for a variety of different things (Thunderus is not the ONLY Kami Trio member I want. I'll trade <insert Pokemon here> for any of them).

i agree with that, but i don't think they make it. what i thought they could do is that we can register pokemon we find in wifi/local battles with other players or pokemon we find in subway/tower/frontier buildings. in those places we can see sometimes pokemon unable in the game, so by registering them we could ask them in the GTS
#9Missingno_MastrPosted 3/23/2013 4:03:11 PM
Yes. Yes so much. We need to be able to conduct full battles over Random Matchup. We definitely need more options there, including and especially the removal of Item Clause! Seriously. Species Clause I get, but this is just too damn restrictive. Maybe I want to run my Sheer Force Nidoking and my Sheer Force Tauros on the same team, with Life Orbs on both of them, you know?
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that. I dare you.
#10jamieyelloPosted 3/23/2013 4:09:07 PM
No restrictions at all, let us be as good as we can Game Freak. No one would look back. And a freakin tournament that isn't double, I remember a poll about favorite battle modes, double was less than half than any other modes. Even Rotation.
---
It's different again.