This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is landorus being considered for ubers on smogon?!?

#11SerperiorThanUPosted 3/24/2013 10:33:22 PM
primal_force posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
volcorana is way more broken than landorus.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4435219&postcount=1

Their viability rankings disagree.

Landorus is S Rank, Volcarona is B Rank.

The set that makes Landorus so dangerous is his Rock Polish and Sheer Force set.

Mind you, this is the same viability thread that did not place Garchomp in S rank because PK Gaming is the only player who is against it. Garchomp is superior to Terrakion in every way save for speed, which, is not even important in this particular case.

As far as Landorus-I goes as a suspect, at the current time I don't have any opinions. I have not used Landorus-I at all since he obtained Sheer Force.

That Sp.D increase in sand for Terrakion is pretty vital though
#12scrappybristolPosted 3/24/2013 10:37:48 PM
DBF__ posted...
if anything volcorana should be tested, landorus isn't even that good.

Volcarona isn't that big a threat to things like Dragonite or Heatran.

That 4x weakness to Stealth Rock keeps it from being used more.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#13Sevi_neyPosted 3/24/2013 11:30:13 PM
Seriously? They're nutjobs if they think that's a good idea.
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#14Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 3/25/2013 3:19:07 AM
SerperiorThanU posted...

lol sp.def increase. what exactly does that help him beat? starmie/latis still OHKO with psyshock. keldeo has secret sword.
---
imanalt.
#15SerperiorThanUPosted 3/25/2013 5:03:05 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...

lol sp.def increase. what exactly does that help him beat? starmie/latis still OHKO with psyshock. keldeo has secret sword.

Um, everything will have counters, Starmie can ohko garchomp with ice beam too. Latis OHKO Garchomp with Draco Meteor Dragonite beats Garchomp with Dragon Dance Outrage, Mamoswine pummels Garchomp.

That Sp.D increase helps Terrakion stay in on neutral hits or even switch in to neutral hits. If Terrakion can even stay in to its sure-fire counters (starmie, keldeo) it would be completely broken
#16Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 3/25/2013 10:25:11 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...

Um, everything will have counters, Starmie can ohko garchomp with ice beam too. Latis OHKO Garchomp with Draco Meteor Dragonite beats Garchomp with Dragon Dance Outrage, Mamoswine pummels Garchomp.

That Sp.D increase helps Terrakion stay in on neutral hits or even switch in to neutral hits. If Terrakion can even stay in to its sure-fire counters (starmie, keldeo) it would be completely broken

the only things that can threaten garchomp are the pokemon that are faster than it. and in fact, some of them cant even OHKO him. thunder wave fixes that problem easily. garchomp punishes and destroys every wall in the tier with no trouble at all.

terrakion sees gliscor, tentacruel, hippowdon etc. and craps his pants.
---
imanalt.
#17AurawhispererPosted 3/25/2013 10:33:47 PM
Landorus isnt even that great. He's good as an intimidate double while holding scarf or band. But in general, he can still be killed.

Volcarona is fricken easy. Its rather good in singles, but doubles it sucks. To allow the foe setup a quiver dance vol only means they dont understand the meta they are in.

Garchomp is still dangerous over the two. Capable of demolishing volcarona and can evenly take on landorus.

Garchomp will always be the Ryback version of pokemon; whether it holds sand veil with brightpowder or rough skin with rocky helm
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading
#18Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 3/26/2013 2:41:30 AM
Aurawhisperer posted...
Landorus isnt even that great. He's good as an intimidate double while holding scarf or band. But in general, he can still be killed.

Volcarona is fricken easy. Its rather good in singles, but doubles it sucks. To allow the foe setup a quiver dance vol only means they dont understand the meta they are in.

Garchomp is still dangerous over the two. Capable of demolishing volcarona and can evenly take on landorus.

Garchomp will always be the Ryback version of pokemon; whether it holds sand veil with brightpowder or rough skin with rocky helm

actually, landorus-i is a lot better than i thought. i just tried him out and he rips. terrakion is just not that good, though. i mean, he's good, but people are just stupid.
---
imanalt.
#1936Eagles10Posted 3/26/2013 5:00:16 AM
because lol Smogon.
#20SerperiorThanUPosted 3/26/2013 1:09:49 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...

the only things that can threaten garchomp are the pokemon that are faster than it. and in fact, some of them cant even OHKO him. thunder wave fixes that problem easily. garchomp punishes and destroys every wall in the tier with no trouble at all.

terrakion sees gliscor, tentacruel, hippowdon etc. and craps his pants.

I just listed a bunch of counters in my post. Reading comprehension? And lol Garchomp is even SLOWER than Terrakion. Not to mention, CB terrakion can still ohko Starmie without psyshock (not much do) and survive its attacks, while Garchomp falls flat on its face to ice beam. Hidden Power Ice is everywhere too, garchomp gets owned by JOLTEON. Not even gonna talk about Thunderus-T too, which Terrakion has in the bag. In fact Terrakion actually has a 43% chance to beat Garchomp one on one after stealth rock. Seriously, Garchomp doesn't have anything over Terrakion, it has one extra attack point and its earthquake deals less damage to neutral targets than Terrakion Close Combat. Outrage is easily walled by steels and revenge killed. Skarmory destroys Garchomp