This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you actually know a damn about competitive battling?

#41l3igl3ossPosted 3/25/2013 6:05:03 PM
You know, I'm a modest player. I'm more into creating movesets and EV spreads for Pokemon in order to solve some problems and fill some holes. When it comes to building teams, I suck.

I'm more into analyzing them and fill the holes with what I think is best, so my strategy is usually to mimic the player's reasoning behind his team, and introduce something novel. I realized this yesterday when I tried online battling and I lost many times.

I shall go back to what I like the most: build strong Pokemon and fill my Pokedex. I used to trade strong Pokemon to competitive players for Legendaries, I guess that's what I'll keep on doing once I get back to Pokemon this generation. I may as well contribute to Smogon with articles, but I'll have to catch on with generation V.
---
This account will cease to exist once Nintendo goes out of business because of the Wii U.
#42P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/25/2013 6:14:18 PM
I know how to play. I watch a ton of matches and build my own teams. I thoroughly understand the concepts of breeding, IV's, and EV's, and I raise my pokemon legitimately. However, I don't play competitively, mostly because I just don't care enough, but I might start in Gen VI. Now, whether that fills your prerequisites for "knowing a damn", I do not know.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#43FuneralCakePosted 3/25/2013 6:22:31 PM
I'd like to think I know a lot of damns, but I'm probably actually really terrible.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#44_KGC_Posted 3/25/2013 6:30:11 PM
I don't.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#45KyrieIrvingPosted 3/25/2013 6:31:51 PM
I suck at battling. I just can't ever win :(
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#46The_Sol_BladerPosted 3/25/2013 6:35:07 PM
I have little breakthroughs every now and then, but I am an average battler at best
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
#47DrBausPosted 3/25/2013 6:43:36 PM
i'm the best
---
Whenever I'm sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead
#48helldewPosted 3/25/2013 6:46:40 PM
I battle i dont really get into battle sim battles though. i can usually do pretty decent and do ok ranking wise and i know a lot of the basic teams and stuff like that but i dont really battle constantly enough due to my lack of caring and a lot of people get thrown off by my backassword builds that work and totally screw down certain choices.

i would say im about average if not a litte above average. I sometimes over predict badly or misclick like a idiot though which tends to stem from me not thinking entirely before i act or me being to impulsive in battle which can really work against me.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.