This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you actually know a damn about competitive battling?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How many of you actually know a damn about competitive battling?
3 years ago#41
You know, I'm a modest player. I'm more into creating movesets and EV spreads for Pokemon in order to solve some problems and fill some holes. When it comes to building teams, I suck.

I'm more into analyzing them and fill the holes with what I think is best, so my strategy is usually to mimic the player's reasoning behind his team, and introduce something novel. I realized this yesterday when I tried online battling and I lost many times.

I shall go back to what I like the most: build strong Pokemon and fill my Pokedex. I used to trade strong Pokemon to competitive players for Legendaries, I guess that's what I'll keep on doing once I get back to Pokemon this generation. I may as well contribute to Smogon with articles, but I'll have to catch on with generation V.
This account will cease to exist once Nintendo goes out of business because of the Wii U.
3 years ago#42
I know how to play. I watch a ton of matches and build my own teams. I thoroughly understand the concepts of breeding, IV's, and EV's, and I raise my pokemon legitimately. However, I don't play competitively, mostly because I just don't care enough, but I might start in Gen VI. Now, whether that fills your prerequisites for "knowing a damn", I do not know.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
3 years ago#43
I'd like to think I know a lot of damns, but I'm probably actually really terrible.
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
3 years ago#44
I don't.
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
3 years ago#45
I suck at battling. I just can't ever win :(
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
3 years ago#46
I have little breakthroughs every now and then, but I am an average battler at best
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
3 years ago#47
i'm the best
Whenever I'm sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead
3 years ago#48
I battle i dont really get into battle sim battles though. i can usually do pretty decent and do ok ranking wise and i know a lot of the basic teams and stuff like that but i dont really battle constantly enough due to my lack of caring and a lot of people get thrown off by my backassword builds that work and totally screw down certain choices.

i would say im about average if not a litte above average. I sometimes over predict badly or misclick like a idiot though which tends to stem from me not thinking entirely before i act or me being to impulsive in battle which can really work against me.
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How many of you actually know a damn about competitive battling?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived