This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: snorlax gets an evolution...

#1Masenko86Posted 3/25/2013 6:45:28 AM
It will be ghost/normal. It dies from overindulging in food. New weight mechanic gets introduced. When you feed it so much that it goes above whatever enormous weight is normal for a snorlax, and then level it up, you get ________

Name suggestions:

Deadlax
RIPlax
Ghoulax
Killax
Overlax
Chillax (dead bodies are cold, and it can learn blizzard too)
Zombielax
Morbidlax

P.S. Snorlax will overeat, but most if not all other pokemon will refuse to overeat, so they won't die/evolve via the overeating aspect of this mechanic. However, other weight mechanics can be applied for other pokemon, such as split evolutions based on weight class, etc.

I actually like the idea of weight class split evolutions the best out of this topic's suggested ideas, but a normal ghost would be fun...
#2wahaha911Posted 3/25/2013 6:48:00 AM
Eviolite Snorlax YAY :(
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#3wahaha911Posted 3/25/2013 6:48:39 AM
Also... SNORLAX DIGIVOLVED
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 3/25/2013 6:49:36 AM
Eviolite Snorlax.
And the Ghost/Normal dual-type.

I'm one happy guy!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#5Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:00:57 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Eviolite Snorlax.

I'm one happy guy!

Yeah, I think that'd be most people's reaction. But I doubt they kill it by overeating. Might get a bad rap for that. I think it'd be cool though. And I certainly like the results you mentioned.
#6Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:29:39 AM
Bump
#7javel34Posted 3/25/2013 7:39:46 AM
Masenko86 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Eviolite Snorlax.

I'm one happy guy!

Yeah, I think that'd be most people's reaction. But I doubt they kill it by overeating. Might get a bad rap for that. I think it'd be cool though. And I certainly like the results you mentioned.

Go back to gen one and look. Snorlax and pikachu both got personal trainers or something.
---
Black 2 FC:0519 5089 8733
#8CarbideTitanPosted 3/25/2013 7:56:16 AM
Masenko86 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Eviolite Snorlax.

I'm one happy guy!

He looks the same except his fangs move from lower to upper jaw and he craves blood.
He also has a cape.

Curse is now useless though =(
---
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails, pray for me now that the hour of my death which I hope is soon, Amen
#9Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 8:04:29 AM
CarbideTitan posted...
Masenko86 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Eviolite Snorlax.

I'm one happy guy!

He looks the same except his fangs move from lower to upper jaw and he craves blood.
He also has a cape.

Curse is now useless though =(

Nah, just hack harvest onto it and sitrus berry back your health. No stat boosts, but your opponent isn't very happy lol. And I don't hack, so I'd feel your pain, but I never really used snorlax
#10HejiruPosted 3/25/2013 8:06:19 AM
Masenko86 posted...
It will be ghost/normal. It dies from overindulging in food. New weight mechanic gets introduced. When you feed it so much that it goes above whatever enormous weight is normal for a snorlax, and then level it up, you get ________

I keep picturing Snorlax as that fat glutton ghost from Luigi's Mansion
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy