This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best third edition?

#1wackyteenPosted 3/25/2013 8:56:42 AM
Which was the best? - Results (151 votes)
Yellow
15.23% (23 votes)
Crystal
7.28% (11 votes)
Emerald
41.06% (62 votes)
Platinum
36.42% (55 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Which was the best?
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
#2AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/25/2013 8:57:35 AM
Pokemon Grey
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#3SilverSockPosted 3/25/2013 9:01:44 AM
Torn between Emerald and Platinum. Both took some not-so-great predecessors and made them awesome.

Not saying Yellow and Crystal weren't good, but R/S and D/P had a lot more fixing to do, and Emerald and Platinum delivered IMO. With R/B and G/S I'd at least consider playing them over their third versions (may be nostalgia talking). Not a chance I'd say the same for gen 3 and 4.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#4XazealPosted 3/25/2013 9:02:18 AM
Platinum, although Emerald isn't far behind.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#5wackyteen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 9:04:41 AM(edited)
Torn between Emerald and Platinum. Both took some not-so-great predecessors and made them awesome.

Not saying Yellow and Crystal weren't good, but R/S and D/P had a lot more fixing to do, and Emerald and Platinum delivered IMO. With R/B and G/S I'd at least consider playing them over their third versions (may be nostalgia talking). Not a chance I'd say the same for gen 3 and 4.

I hated Platinum with a fiery passion. While that passion has died, replaying through it now is a drag. I dread the upcoming wall walking part(by far the most pointless, useless, over advertised, under delivered, piece of **** ever to come out of the Pokemon franchise and is a good part of the reason why this is the first time I'm replaying Platinum in 3 years and why I didn't replay Platinum immediately).
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
#6AJ2412Posted 3/25/2013 9:20:49 AM
Platinum. I never played any of the third editions though, so whatever.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#7nro87Posted 3/25/2013 9:29:56 AM
Platinum is the only third edition I didn't buy. Really didn't like Gen 4 that much. Beat Diamond, then sold the game. I voted Yellow for nostalgia, but in reality, Emerald was the best 3rd version. In my opinion, a remake of Emerald would be the best main series game.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#8Magus_StragusPosted 3/25/2013 9:40:17 AM
I voted for Yellow, but not for the nostalgia. For me, Yellow was a new game, not just an enhanced version. The fact that you could get all starters in a single game also helped. And Pikachu following you around was plain great. Team Rocket was hilarious as hell. Add to that the improvement in some sprites, the changes in movesets, and well, why not, a bit of nostalgia, and you have your winner.

Emerald came a close second. Battle Frontier is probably the best postgame content in all Pokemon games.
---
"Wait a minute... *dramatic pause* Magus is a girl? Mind=Blown" ~celltf
"wtf, magus is a girl?" ~Pent
#9CakeOfLiesPosted 3/25/2013 9:42:24 AM
Never played any of them.

But if I can find Platinum for a good price (LOLOLOLOL!!!!!) I'm definitely getting it.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#10dwdwdw6Posted 3/25/2013 9:43:43 AM
Platinum baby.