This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best third edition?

#21FuneralCakePosted 3/25/2013 2:52:41 PM
iKhanic posted...
How the hell is Crystal losing? Crystal is in my opinion one of the greatest games created in history. It pretty much opened the door to modern Pokemon.

It's not a bad game (though a lot of people would disagree), but compared to the other third versions, Crystal had relatively little change from Gold and Silver. That said, Yellow didn't change that much, either. I would think it's pretty easy to see how Emerald and Platinum would have more votes.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#22Infernus93Posted 3/25/2013 3:13:28 PM
I didn't play Diamond/Pearl, but I hear Platinum was a huge improvement both in terms of what was added, and in terms of how the game ran. The problem with that is, as much as I like the game, I still think it's the one most in need of a remake. It just runs so slow.

I didn't play Ruby/Sapphire, so it's hard for me to compare Emerald to them. Regardless, I don't enjoy the game as much as others in the series.

Crystal was good, and the improvements it made were nice, but it didn't really address any of the more prominent issues in G/S. I never cared for Eusine.

Yellow gets my vote. Updated all the sprites significantly. Altered the storyline. All three starters. A rival with an adaptable team (his team changes depending on your success against him). Surfing Pikachu minigame.

If I had played Diamond/Pearl, I think I'd probably be voting Platinum. I still can't get over the irony that one of the more up to date games in the series is the most in need of an update, though.
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#23ybro845Posted 3/25/2013 4:16:17 PM
Platinum, then Emerald.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HDACg.jpg
His voice is warm and husky like dark melted chocolate fudge caramel... or something.
#24iKhanicPosted 3/25/2013 4:21:29 PM
FuneralCake posted...
iKhanic posted...
How the hell is Crystal losing? Crystal is in my opinion one of the greatest games created in history. It pretty much opened the door to modern Pokemon.

It's not a bad game (though a lot of people would disagree), but compared to the other third versions, Crystal had relatively little change from Gold and Silver. That said, Yellow didn't change that much, either. I would think it's pretty easy to see how Emerald and Platinum would have more votes.

Its funny, most people I talk to in the real world have tons of nostalgia for crystal. But I haven't played the 3rd or 4th gens, so I might be a bit biased.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#25fire_starter05Posted 3/25/2013 4:21:31 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Quesker posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

But if I can find Platinum for a good price (LOLOLOLOL!!!!!) I'm definitely getting it.

If it helps, I got it for $25 as soon as I saw it. I swear, those things go out fast. There was one Emerald and one Leafgreen cartridge, and both were sold out when I checked back alter that day.

Yeah. I'm thinking of checking Amazon later cuz I have a gift card.
Or maybe I'll try Gamestop if I ever get a chance to go there.

80 dollars on Amazon, 30 used at Gamestop if your local store happens to have a copy.
---
This is why Deoxys is uber: http://i.imgur.com/qHEQt
This is a picture of some cute kittens: http://i.imgur.com/wfdOk
#26CakeOfLiesPosted 3/25/2013 4:22:40 PM
fire_starter05 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Quesker posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

But if I can find Platinum for a good price (LOLOLOLOL!!!!!) I'm definitely getting it.

If it helps, I got it for $25 as soon as I saw it. I swear, those things go out fast. There was one Emerald and one Leafgreen cartridge, and both were sold out when I checked back alter that day.

80 dollars on Amazon, 30 used at Gamestop if your local store happens to have a copy.

Cool. Thanks.
Don't have enough money for Amazon. Getting it at Gamestop maybe sometime.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#27nro87Posted 3/25/2013 11:53:12 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
fire_starter05 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Quesker posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

Cool. Thanks.
Don't have enough money for Amazon. Getting it at Gamestop maybe sometime.

If you would actually look around on Amazon, you would see that there are 10 used copies for $30 or less. There are about 24 less than $45. The $80 was the price for ONE.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#28infernoproPosted 3/26/2013 1:27:23 AM
SPDShadowRanger posted...
Emerald, with Platinum very close.

---
PSN: Bryant Prince
"The Southern Gentleman"
#29GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/26/2013 1:57:51 AM
When it comes to improvements to their predecessors, Emerald because of Battle Frontier and it had all the gen 3 Pokemon obtainable without trading.

Otherwise, Platinum because it's the most recent gen.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#30sonicfanaticjtbPosted 3/26/2013 2:12:46 AM
Platinum, for me. I personally loved the 4th gen games as it was, and Platinum version just seemed to improve pretty much everything in what were already really good games (though, the distortion world... Really cool the first time, kinda annoying every other time. )
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?