This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can the average gamefaqs user beat the average smogon user?

#31_KGC_Posted 3/26/2013 10:09:59 AM
primal_force posted...
I would believe that the average Smogon player would trump the average GameFAQS player 9 times out of 10.

Even the top GameFAQS players will have it rough against the top players on Smogon. There are some real monsters on that website. It saddens me though that the best players on Smogon are also the most quiet and less frequent posters.

Aren't some of the best GameFAQs player also the most quiet and less frequent posters? Also who are he best Smogon battlers iyo anyways?
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#32Brandon042487Posted 3/26/2013 10:29:32 AM
primal_force posted...
I would believe that the average Smogon player would trump the average GameFAQS player 9 times out of 10.

Even the top GameFAQS players will have it rough against the top players on Smogon. There are some real monsters on that website. It saddens me though that the best players on Smogon are also the most quiet and less frequent posters.

I like it like that where the best players aren't so full of themselves and don't need to boast on the boards about it.

I was one of the best Pokemon TCG players in my Region and hated that people at the location that I played regularly constantly pointed at me when they was talking to new players.
---
>Insert Signature Here<
#33thebrawler56Posted 3/26/2013 10:30:38 AM
Garioshi posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
SteaIth_Rock posted...
Playing them with those lame ass Smogon rules? Good chance GameFAQs beats them.

Playing them with the REAL rules? We'll annihilate them.

lololololol the average Gamefaqs player attempts to use 6 charizards. You have no idea what the f*** you're talking about

I attempt to use 6 Swamperts. Come at me, bro.

Ludicolo, use GIGA DRAIN!
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2373567/falcon-punch-o.gif .Falcon Paradox!
#34lulzacePosted 3/26/2013 10:54:41 AM
If you get sweep with magikarp you are a demigod
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!
#35wind64aPosted 3/26/2013 11:13:27 AM
SteaIth_Rock posted...
SteaIth_Rock posted...
And for the most part that's all that's needed to beat the average smoron user. :p

Not even close, lets see a replay or video of you battling someone. You can't even get a 10 year old

Tough words, lets say we battle.

What time do you want to battle? Can't do so right now though.

And of course: What rules do you want? Smoron rules or do you have something in your mind?

Wouldn't it make sense to use VGC doubles, as they are the official battling method? I just battle with teams I find fun, such as my Sun team with my favorite weathershipping duo, or my Swoobat team.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#36SerperiorThanUPosted 3/26/2013 12:07:17 PM
SteaIth_Rock posted...
SteaIth_Rock posted...
And for the most part that's all that's needed to beat the average smoron user. :p

Not even close, lets see a replay or video of you battling someone. You can't even get a 10 year old

Tough words, lets say we battle.

What time do you want to battle? Can't do so right now though.

And of course: What rules do you want? Smoron rules or do you have something in your mind?

Of course you don't respond. Typical.

wtf? I'm not on 24/7, you know. I have a life. Anyways, sure let's battle. However there are two things you need to know, one, I don't have a cartridge team atm since I just got back into Pokemon and I've given my DS to my friend in exchange for his Skyrim so I can only use showdown atm, and two, I'm not a smogonite, I just lurk their forums so beating me doesn't qualify any bragging, you're gonna have to beat the people like PK_Gaming or Flare Blitz or someone like that. Also my main tier is UU
#37Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 3/26/2013 12:25:32 PM
i could beat anyone on smogon
---
imanalt.
#38discodancer77Posted 3/26/2013 12:26:25 PM
only if we can use gen1 amnesia Mewtwo
---
Hi, I'm Better Than You
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3225-3487-1145
#39Capitan_KidPosted 3/26/2013 12:32:17 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
i could beat anyone on smogon