This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you be happy if the Pokemon Anime finally ended?

#1Cheyguy1211Posted 3/25/2013 7:26:55 PM
Does anyone still watch Pokemon, as in new episodes. Pokemon was a good part of my childhood, and the first movie made me cry a little. However, it's been the same thing for years now, just worse (so I guess it's not the same huh?)
Ash is still 10, Pikachu is at level 5 at every new area, and Ash still never wins in the league tournaments. C'mon Ash. He also never developed a relationship with any of the female characters (that's probably just my preference for Misty tho.)
Considering this, how would you feel if it just ended, What would be a fitting ending for Ash?
#2UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/25/2013 7:29:08 PM
I would be as indifferent as I am to its continued existence.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#3KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/25/2013 7:30:50 PM
I'll never be happy...
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#4Nintendoboy77Posted 3/25/2013 7:42:02 PM(edited)
The show should keep running. I don't like it anymore, but if it will get more kids into pokemon, sales of the games might increase.
#5AccrovideogamesPosted 3/25/2013 7:43:24 PM
Cheyguy1211 posted...
Ash is still 10, [...] he also never developed a relationship with any of the female characters.

You basically found the answer by yourself. He's too young for that kind of thing. By the way, Bart Simpson has been 10 years old for much longer than that.

Cheyguy1211 posted...
Considering this, how would you feel if it just ended?

Indifferent.

Cheyguy1211 posted...
What would be a fitting ending for Ash?

Dying of old age, which basically won't happen considering how he never ages. Oh, you mean that other kind of ending? I always thought that the series would end when Pikachu evolves in order to save Ash's life or something. According to the man in charge, the series would end if Ash won the Pokémon League.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#6TranquilSeaPosted 3/25/2013 7:55:54 PM(edited)
A lot of anime characters never age, but people don't call them out for it. Detective Conan is another extreme example, with Conan still being a kid 800+ chapters later.
---
On the way down, I almost fell right through
But I held on to you
#7NessEggmanPosted 3/25/2013 7:55:04 PM
I wouldn't care if it ended because I don't really care that it exists now.

Ash developed relaitonships with all of his female companions. They just weren't romantic or sexual ones. But they did become closer friends, learn about one another, offer support to one another, and impact each others' lives greatly. And those relationships grew and developed (albeit in a predictable and generic way) over the course of the series. There's no reason for a show about 10-year-olds targeted at toddlers to involve sexual or romantic interaction between the male and female characters, but the show still shows the male and female characters developing healthy and positive relationships. (Really just ALL the characters, including the male/male ones. There was never more than two female characters in the show at once long enough to develop any kind of meaningful relationship. But that's another story)

And I think a fitting end would be for him to finally decide to retire, maybe because he needs to take care of his mom, or is convinced to be a stationary champion somewhere (I realize he's reject that kind of offer before, but he could have different reasons now?) Or maybe Pikachu could grow old or sick and need to retire (not die or anything, just be too old or tired for battle anymore) and Ash decide to take a new course of action in life and go into Pokemon research or something lol idk.

I'm more just trying to think of something they actually would do.

Actually, the most reasonable thing is to just have him set off on some vague new adventure, with an ending that has you assume he's going to always just be adventuring with Pokemon, but with no implication that any further stories will be developed. That's what they'll most likely do when the show comes to an end.
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
#8Cheyguy1211(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:56:44 PM
Accrovideogames posted...
Cheyguy1211 posted...
Ash is still 10, [...] he also never developed a relationship with any of the female characters.

You basically found the answer by yourself. He's too young for that kind of thing. By the way, Bart Simpson has been 10 years old for much longer than that.

Got me there. Never thought about that.

TranquilSea posted...
A lot of anime characters never age, but people don't call them out for it. Detective Conan is another extreme example, with Conan still being a kid 800+ later.

Good point. Although Jimmy did have a birthday in the first movie, that is non canon so it doesn't matter.
#9FuneralCakePosted 3/25/2013 8:00:08 PM
I would say yes, because I don't like the anime, but then I realized that it wouldn't matter. The damage from the anime has already been done, and nothing can undo that.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#10Cheyguy1211(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 8:02:06 PM
NessEggman posted...
I wouldn't care if it ended because I don't really care that it exists now.

Ash developed relaitonships with all of his female companions. They just weren't romantic or sexual ones. But they did become closer friends, learn about one another, offer support to one another, and impact each others' lives greatly. And those relationships grew and developed (albeit in a predictable and generic way) over the course of the series. There's no reason for a show about 10-year-olds targeted at toddlers to involve sexual or romantic interaction between the male and female characters, but the show still shows the male and female characters developing healthy and positive relationships. (Really just ALL the characters, including the male/male ones. There was never more than two female characters in the show at once long enough to develop any kind of meaningful relationship. But that's another story)

Oddly, I forgot they were 10 during that section of my post... but this is right.

NessEggman posted...
And I think a fitting end would be for him to finally decide to retire, maybe because he needs to take care of his mom, or is convinced to be a stationary champion somewhere (I realize he's reject that kind of offer before, but he could have different reasons now?) Or maybe Pikachu could grow old or sick and need to retire (not die or anything, just be too old or tired for battle anymore) and Ash decide to take a new course of action in life and go into Pokemon research or something lol idk.

I'm more just trying to think of something they actually would do.

Actually, the most reasonable thing is to just have him set off on some vague new adventure, with an ending that has you assume he's going to always just be adventuring with Pokemon, but with no implication that any further stories will be developed. That's what they'll most likely do when the show comes to an end.

Actually, I would think it'd be pretty cool for him to become champ in his home region and stay there to fight any trainers later on. He could have a final confrontation with Gary around this time as well.