This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theoretically, if there was a Love type, what would be its type effectiveness?

#31Deadly_FirePosted 3/26/2013 10:41:35 AM
BurningFlareX posted...
What everybody thinks: Love beats Darkness and Evil! (Movie Logic)
What it actually is: Darkness and Evil destroys Love. (Real Life Logic)

I actually agree with this. Dark should be super effective against Love because secrets and lies are what break a relationship (maybe Fighting too haha). Love could potentially be immune to Psychic because you tend to ignore logic in the early stages of infatuation. Love could also be super effective against Ghost for the reasons above.

The biggest downfall of Love is that it's too abstract of a type to find logical connections to the more concrete types like Ice or Fire. The abstract types like Dark and Ghost are already in their own little web that, in my opinion, it would be more interesting for any new type to bridge the gap between the abstract types and the concrete types.
#32Dr Edward RoivasPosted 3/26/2013 11:44:13 AM
Resisted by ice because they are COLD-hearted.

And so that Ice finally resists something besides Ice.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#33Masenko86Posted 3/26/2013 11:52:30 AM
It would be weak against lust/cheating types and super effective against lonely types. Also, making love would raise all its stats and lower opponent's accuracy if opponent is modest (as they'll look away), but lower user's evasiveness if opponent is naughty.
#34Capitan_KidPosted 3/26/2013 12:05:20 PM
Ice should be super effective against love. It needs a buff
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#35Masenko86Posted 3/26/2013 12:09:27 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Ice should be super effective against love. It needs a buff

Um, no. Defensively it needs a buff. It's already SE against dragon, grass, flying, and ground. It should resist love, not be SE against it.
#36scraadinPosted 3/26/2013 1:45:38 PM
Nah, love can melt a frozen heart.
---
"There is no overkill. There is only "Open Fire" and "I need to reload."
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates-schlockmercenary
#37kwando1313Posted 3/26/2013 1:48:41 PM
How could you mend this broken heart? How can you stop the rain from falling down? How can you stop the sun from shining? What makes the world go round?
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#38Masenko86Posted 3/26/2013 1:48:51 PM
scraadin posted...
Nah, love can melt a frozen heart.

Cheesy and untrue. More often than not, the frozen heart instills bitterness in others before others change it with love.
#39HeyWheresKelPosted 3/26/2013 3:08:39 PM
Strong against Fire (you would save someone you love from a burning building)
Strong against Water (you would save someone you love from drowning)
Weak to Poison (your love your love your love is my drug)
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#40Lord LizardPosted 3/26/2013 3:25:03 PM
BurningFlareX posted...
What everybody thinks: Love beats Darkness and Evil! (Movie Logic)
What it actually is: Darkness and Evil destroys Love. (Real Life Logic)

Then again, Dark should be super effective against Fighting too, since someone who cheats and uses underhanded tactics has the advantage over those who fight honestly (that's the point of cheating to begin with). In fact, Psychic should be effective against Dark since it could see through the lies and deceit.

Pokemon follows movie logic with the Dark and Fighting thing, so I'm pretty sure they'd do the same with Dark and Love.
---
I need a signature...