This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My opinions on Sylveon's type

#1DafirexPosted 3/26/2013 6:09:54 PM
Alright these are my opinions and predictions on what Sylveon could be (Magic type)

In Japan Sylveon is named Nymphia
and a Sylph and a Nymph are magical creatures

Now lets look at Sylveon's moves
One of sylveon's attacks are cards and cards could be associated with magic
Sylveon also uses swift and in Anime with magical girls when they transform or something of the sort stars and other things appear
It also uses some sort of fire blast and many magicians use fire for their performances
And for the other move, it's pretty strange it I really don't know much about it.

Now lets look at the move curse
Why you might ask?
Well lets look at gen 3 and what they say the move's type is
This just might be pure coincidence but I'll put it in anyway
So in gen 3 they list the move curse as ??? and look at the color scheme, it includes blue and pink. Also when they showed Sylveon they labeled it as ???
(Once again this might be pure coincidence)

Now lastly the appearance lots of magicians wear bows
Sylveon has a bow (This is just a speculation)

Once again these are my opinions
#2TaticalWarriorPosted 3/26/2013 6:11:34 PM
I would really lol if his GF really told us his type. "???".
And we thought it was a placeholder.

It would be amazing.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#3wahaha911Posted 3/26/2013 6:11:48 PM
I'm sorry lost you at sylveon
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#4Firelion6593Posted 3/26/2013 6:28:01 PM
The word "sylvan" tends be more related to nature than anything. And a "sylph" is not a "magical creature," it's a type of air elemental.

If anything, Sylveon is going to be Flying or Normal.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#5Arne83Posted 3/26/2013 6:39:41 PM
Ok, let's see what this all abou-

Dafirex posted...
Magic type

... Nothing worth seeing here.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#6wind64aPosted 3/26/2013 6:40:39 PM
As far as we know Sylveon has nothing to do with Sylphs. Nymphs are nature spirits and one variety the Dryad are tree spirits. However there is already a Grass Eeveelution so Grass is an unlikely type for it.

It would be interesting if anything besides Arceus ??? and eggs had the ??? type. Apparently someone looked in the coding and Arceus does have a form for the ??? type, even though there isn't a known Plate for it.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#7Fate_AssassinPosted 3/26/2013 6:43:44 PM
Right now my money is on a troll type. Because ever since the reveal that is basically what is happening.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62287165 - restored faith in humanity.
#8MrMahoPosted 3/26/2013 6:46:26 PM
Oh, a Sylveon thread? Didn't see this coming...
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops
#9Arne83Posted 3/26/2013 6:47:39 PM(edited)
wind64a posted...
It would be interesting if anything besides Arceus ??? and eggs had the ??? type. Apparently someone looked in the coding and Arceus does have a form for the ??? type, even though there isn't a known Plate for it.

GameFreak only did that because ??? existed as a type purely for the move Curse, and bad things would happen to the game if someone tried to hack in a ??? type Arceus.

This is now impossible as the ??? type has been removed and Curse has been changed to Ghost type.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#10Oceans_1Posted 3/26/2013 6:52:36 PM
In my opinion, "Magic" in the Pokemon series has always been equal to Psychic Type. Like how Abra, Kadabra, And Alakazam are all Psychic types, and they come from generic magic terms. So with the back story of magically creatures, it will probably make sense that the new evolution is going to be Psychic.