This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most useless/worthless type of Poke Ball?

#1wackyteenPosted 3/26/2013 9:48:14 PM
In your opinion? - Results (167 votes)
Poke/Premier Ball
8.98% (15 votes)
Great Ball(1.5x Catch Rate)
1.8% (3 votes)
Safari/Sport Ball(1.5x Catch Rate)
1.8% (3 votes)
Level/Nest Ball
9.58% (16 votes)
Moon Ball(4x on Nidoran M/F, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, or Skitty families)
33.53% (56 votes)
Dive or Net Ball
1.8% (3 votes)
Heal Ball(Fully restores a caught Pokémon's HP, PP, and status)
25.15% (42 votes)
Quick Ball(5x catch rate if used on first turn of battle, 1x otherwise)
0% (0 votes)
Love Ball(8x catch rate if used on opposite gender, but same species Pokemon as out in field)
13.17% (22 votes)
Other
4.19% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
there's 26 types of balls. ;_;
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
#2FuneralCakePosted 3/26/2013 9:49:37 PM
I'm gonna go with Nest Ball. It only really works on Pokemon at low levels, and they all have high catch rates, anyway. The Level Ball isn't too bad, though.

Second place goes to Moon Ball.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#3scrappybristolPosted 3/26/2013 9:53:30 PM
Master.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#4wackyteen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 9:54:34 PM
Poke/Premier Ball gets too much hate.

Though I hate the Premier Ball.

I didn't know how to get more than one in Ruby and I spent days trying to catch Groudon in the only Premier Ball I had. finally succeeded.
---
#5EternalNetherPosted 3/26/2013 9:54:53 PM
I'm gonna go with the Heal Ball. If you play like the average Pokemon player you'll have a party of six in no time at all, at which point the Pokemon are sent to the PC and instantly healed anyway. Love Ball actually can be pretty useful (much more than the rest on the list) if used in the right circumstances.

Some of the others though...I've been playing the hell out of Pokemon for a decade and only skipped on Gen III. Yet I've never seen a Moon Ball before and certainly never noticed 26 different Poke Balls. Am I just not looking hard enough?

Also, I feel like Safari and Sport Balls shouldn't be on that list. They're designed for very specific events that are balanced around them.
---
PSN: Solirus
Feel free to add me.
#6wind64aPosted 3/26/2013 9:56:50 PM
Sadly the Love Ball. It literally doesn't get the catch rate boost on any Pokémon you haven't caught before, and you have to have the same species, plus a different gender out in front.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#7BottledPoePosted 3/26/2013 9:56:52 PM
Heal Ball.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7585-1835
#8CharizardFirePosted 3/26/2013 9:57:13 PM
I'm gonna go with the Heal Ball. If you play like the average Pokemon player you'll have a party of six in no time at all, at which point the Pokemon are sent to the PC and instantly healed anyway.

This.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#9wackyteen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:01:52 PM
Some of the others though...I've been playing the hell out of Pokemon for a decade and only skipped on Gen III. Yet I've never seen a Moon Ball before and certainly never noticed 26 different Poke Balls. Am I just not looking hard enough?

<_____<

I've put well over 5000 hours into Pokemon and just now learned about some of these.

Y u no play Gen III?
---
#10EternalNetherPosted 3/26/2013 10:10:42 PM
wackyteen posted...

<_____<

I've put well over 5000 hours into Pokemon and just now learned about some of these.

Y u no play Gen III?

Several reasons, really. The biggest being that I didn't have a GBA at the time, and when I got a DS Lite I was too buys with DS games to go back. Then D/P/Pt came along. I swore after that I'd go back and play Emerald. Then my DS Lite went out on me so I bought a DSi XL and lost the gameboy slot. Then Soul Silver came out. Then Black and Black 2. And honestly, Black and Black 2 are so good it's very hard for me to play previous generations at all anymore, though I am replaying Soul Silver now :D

Second reason is that the musical direction really bugs me. Trumpets are not my cup of tea. I'm also anticipating the inevitable remake with the Pokemon X and Y engine (Which would be awesome) so that's holding me back a bit. I know I could easily get the game these days though. Maybe the music will grow on me. But this year alone I've got to finish replaying and filling the Pokedex (again) of Soul Silver, Platinum, Black, and Black 2. I also just got Luigi's Mansion, Shin Megami Tensei IV is due out this year, there's a rumor of Bravely Default being localized, and by then October will be rolling around, and Pokemon X will consume my life for months.
---
PSN: Solirus
Feel free to add me.