This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most useless/worthless type of Poke Ball?

#21wackyteen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:16:18 PM
How can any balls that have at least some other effect, and never multiply the catch rate by less than 1, be less useful than a normal pokeball? At their worst, they do exactly what a normal ball does. At their "best" they at least do something special.

Limited number or pointless sidequest to get them(Kurt Balls and waiting a FULL DAY)
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
#22CharizardFirePosted 3/26/2013 10:17:18 PM
Limited number or pointless sidequest to get them(Kurt Balls and waiting a FULL DAY)

... You do realize that in C/HG/SS, you can give him as many Apricorns of a single type as you want each day?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#23wackyteen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:18:20 PM(edited)
... You do realize that in C/HG/SS, you can give him as many Apricorns of a single type as you want each day?

still, full day for Poké Balls? Ain't nobody got time for that.
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
#24FuneralCakePosted 3/26/2013 10:19:24 PM
FunleashTheUry posted...
How can any balls that have at least some other effect, and never multiply the catch rate by less than 1, be less useful than a normal pokeball? At their worst, they do exactly what a normal ball does. At their "best" they at least do something special.

What about cost?

Let's say a Nest Ball is just as effective on a Pokemon as a regular Pokeball. The Nest Ball costs five times as much to do the same thing. It's a waste of money.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#25SThiefNPosted 3/26/2013 10:22:52 PM
dat love ball ;_;
---
The weird tree attacked!
#26CosmoesisPosted 3/26/2013 10:29:59 PM
EternalNether posted...
I'm gonna go with the Heal Ball. If you play like the average Pokemon player you'll have a party of six in no time at all, at which point the Pokemon are sent to the PC and instantly healed anyway. Love Ball actually can be pretty useful (much more than the rest on the list) if used in the right circumstances.

Spot on but If dive ball was separated from net ball I would have chosen that one. When I use dive I find only water pokemon. In R/S/E there where 3 species of pokemon found using dive. maybe you'll catch 4 pokemon because Clampearl has two evolutions. But they are all water types. Net ball can catch all of them just as well, plus surfing encountered water types, occasional land/cave encountered water types, rod snagged water types and bug type pokemon.
#27CosmoesisPosted 3/26/2013 10:33:35 PM
Cosmoesis posted...
EternalNether posted...
I'm gonna go with the Heal Ball. If you play like the average Pokemon player you'll have a party of six in no time at all, at which point the Pokemon are sent to the PC and instantly healed anyway. Love Ball actually can be pretty useful (much more than the rest on the list) if used in the right circumstances.

Spot on but If dive ball was separated from net ball I would have chosen that one. When I use dive I find only water pokemon. In R/S/E there where 3 species of pokemon found using dive. maybe you'll catch 4 pokemon because Clampearl has two evolutions. But they are all water types. Net ball can catch all of them just as well, plus surfing encountered water types, occasional land/cave encountered water types, rod snagged water types and bug type pokemon.

Not talking in a farming for personality view. just a completing the pokedex view. but even still, net ball for personality searching
#28SilverSockPosted 3/26/2013 10:48:04 PM
The clear choice is Moon, Heal or Love to me.

Heal balls, as has been stated, are almost useless. They are useful exactly one time, and it will most likely be at a point in the game where you are most likely within easy distance of a place to heal. You really might as well be saving the money for extra Pokeballs. Still, there is a window of use, albeit a very limited one.

Love balls are even narrower, but COULD be useful if you are tracking a specific Pokemon. Also suffers a bit for being more impractical to make. It really ought to work on just opposite gender Pokemon, not necessarily of the same species. Even if they just used egg groups it would be an improvement.

I give it to Moon balls, though. Moon balls are literally only useful on, what, 7 Pokemon? Those seven are far from common, barring the Nidorans, and I doubt you need extra help catching Nidorans. The only practical use I can see for this ball is hunting down a wild Jigglypuff or Clefairy in HG/SS, making it just a touch easier. Not at all worth the trouble.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#29mralpha543Posted 3/26/2013 11:00:59 PM
Before checking, I will name as many Ball names as I know..

Poke
Premier
Great
Ultra
Dusk
Quick
Net
Nest
Dive
Timer
Repeat
Love