This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon...

#1Fierce_Deity777Posted 3/27/2013 5:27:09 AM(edited)
The only three eeveelutions that evolve via stones. Also the only three with abilities that protect them from damage of their own type.

Espeon and Umbreon. These two evolve via a different method. Friendliness and time of day. Both with Synchronize. Which is a defense against status.

Leafeon and Glaceon. Evolve via location. Yet another set of evolutions different than the rest. Interestingly, the same still holds true for their abilities. Which both revolve around weather.

It's obvious that Sylveon will require a brand new evolution method. (surprise Sylveon speculation topic!) But what of it's ability? It appears that, like the evolution methods, the abilities revolve around a mechanic. Will it react to stat boosts/drops? Hold item? Or perhaps it's something else? What do you think?
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
#2MugilokoPosted 3/27/2013 5:26:47 AM
Generic "that bond thing" post
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#3Fierce_Deity777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:29:01 AM
Mugiloko posted...
Generic "that bond thing" post

I'm talking about it's ability, though. Not it's evolution method.
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
#4LenneValkiryePosted 3/27/2013 5:35:24 AM
Game Freak doesn't care about logic and patterns. Don't think too much about it.
#5ninjarauiPosted 3/27/2013 5:36:14 AM
But you explicitly stated that you thought the two were linked, which means we should speculate on both.

Regardless, I am hoping that it absorbs the new love type since it will evolve via bonding, and bonding is like love.
#6pokemonfreak97Posted 3/27/2013 6:47:58 AM
ninjaraui posted...
But you explicitly stated that you thought the two were linked, which means we should speculate on both.

Regardless, I am hoping that it absorbs the new love type since it will evolve via bonding, and bonding is like love.

New types are a 25% chance, in the best extrapolation possible from the last four generations.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#7kwando1313Posted 3/27/2013 6:49:25 AM
Bolded text.
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 3/27/2013 6:59:56 AM
lolpatternsinpokemon
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#9fox444fPosted 3/27/2013 7:02:51 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Game Freak doesn't care about logic and patterns. Don't think too much about it.

They have kept the same pattern when it comes to the types for the starters. Also the 8 badges we have to get every game is the same pattern.
---
Official Vulpix of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
Official Member and Vulpix of The Legends Clan/Team Infinity
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 3/27/2013 7:03:36 AM
fox444f posted...
LenneValkirye posted...

They have kept the same pattern when it comes to the types for the starters. Also the 8 badges we have to get every game is the same pattern.

That's tradition.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.