This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why do some people not want to be able to transfer?

#1CakeOfLiesPosted 3/27/2013 7:33:46 AM
I see a lot of lame excuses for this.
My favorites are:
"I want a fresh new start!"
and
"It would keep hackers from having hacked Pokemon in X and Y."

Seriously, if you want a fresh new start, don't transfer. Erase all of your EV trained level 100 event Legendaries. If you honestly think the 3DS won't be hacked, you need some help.

Taking away transferring would simply take all the legit Pokemon away and hackers would still get perfect hacked Pokemon. Where's the logic?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#26bananzaPosted 3/27/2013 7:35:49 AM
I have Pokemon that have been "alive" for 10+ years. If I can't transfer, someone's gonna pay.
---
Official member of Miror Infinity. Head of Shiny Research with an Articuno. http://i.imgur.com/PIMfmML.png http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg?1
#3thebrawler56Posted 3/27/2013 7:38:11 AM
People want to. Its just some people don't think that they'll allow it.
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2373567/falcon-punch-o.gif .Falcon Paradox!
#4vchu8Posted 3/27/2013 7:40:04 AM
The fresh start idea has less to do with being able to transfer BEFORE you get the national dex and more to do the game mechanics. Some people want the IV system and other aspects of the game changed, and they believe that bringing over older Pokemon is what is keeping the system in place.

I mean, it's technically a fresh start each gen anyways since you aren't allowed to transfer before you beat the game anyways (Crown Beasts and Celebi in gen 5 notwithstanding). So the only reason to not want transfers, aside from hacking, is for a refresh of the system- rework the mechanics like when we jumped from Gen 2 to Gen 3.

I honestly wouldn't mind if we didn't have transfers, but I can see why it'd tick people off. Personally, if we did have transfers, I'd rather see effort go into a 3DS app that's basically like Pokemon Box- you can dump your Gen 5 pokes onto the box, and any of the gen 6 games you have can access the box.
#5scrappybristolPosted 3/27/2013 7:41:08 AM
Mainly to see the major butthurt that would follow.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#6CarbideTitanPosted 3/27/2013 7:50:51 AM
The speed stat needs to be two different stats. Special speed and Physical speed.
---
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails, pray for me now that the hour of my death which I hope is soon, Amen
#7jayman7Posted 3/27/2013 8:03:22 AM
thebrawler56 posted...
People want to. Its just some people don't think that they'll allow it.

No, there are people who have said outright that they don't want GameFreak to allow it. I, who definitely do want that feature, have my mind boggled by this.

There's actually no reason whatsoever to assume they won't - the primary issue for the third gen reboot was the hardware incompatibility, which is a known non-issue this time around.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8ThatKippPosted 3/27/2013 8:06:09 AM
I have no clue. We need to interview people who are crazy enough to not want backward compatibility.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#9FuneralCakePosted 3/27/2013 8:08:01 AM
I honestly wouldn't mind if transferring was taken away, but I don't want it to happen. A fresh start is 10000% fine with me, but at the same time, I would miss having the option to transfer.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#10pokemega32Posted 3/27/2013 8:15:50 AM
It would allow them to completely revamp the gameplay, equivalent to the changes between Gens II and III.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.