This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charizard is NOT overrated

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Charizard is NOT overrated
2 years ago#1
I used to think it was, but I've been thinking, and I've only met one or two other people in the real world whose favorite pokemon is Charizard, and that was back in the RBY days.

What give Charizard his false reputation of being overrated is people who only played RBY, or people who aren't very familiar with the series at all. That doesn't make him overrated, it just makes him well recognized. Among fans of the series though I've noticed far more Blastoise and (more recently) Blaziken fans than Charizard fans
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
2 years ago#2
Stealth rocks
---
Black 2 FC - 3869-6069-8826 -PSN- Pooo869
"You know you and I are alike, we do not fear the things we must do"
2 years ago#3
Hey, look. Another iKhanic Charizard topic.

And a topic that says Charizard isn't overrated.

And one that says Blaziken is overrated even when compared to Charizard.

This is one of the most impressive topics I've ever seen. My face broke through my keyboard and I had to buy a new one.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
2 years ago#4
The anime gave Charizard notoriety as one bad mofo. But in the games he is not. Therefore he is overrated.
---
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails, pray for me now that the hour of my death which I hope is soon, Amen
2 years ago#5
Get off your knees TC, I believe Charizard is satisfied now,
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
2 years ago#6
Venusaur is still the best starter.
2 years ago#7
CakeOfLies posted...

This is one of the most impressive topics I've ever seen. My face broke through my keyboard and I had to buy a new one.

Well, yeah, I see way more Blaziken fans today, but even back in the RBY days, I knew way more people who liked Blastoise more than Charizard.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
2 years ago#8
VoidEnvoy posted...

ez mode
2 years ago#9
Prodozul posted...
VoidEnvoy posted...

ez mode

So? He's still the coolest out of the three originals, in my humble opinion.

I have to agree with iKhanic here, though, when he says that there are more Blastoise fans than Charizard fans. And yes, Blaziken is probably the most loved out of all the starters, but that doesn't make him overrated.
2 years ago#10
iKhanic posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

Well, yeah, I see way more Blaziken fans today, but even back in the RBY days, I knew way more people who liked Blastoise more than Charizard.

Because something that happened in your childhood=facts. This is an opinion I don't actual recall any of my friends having a starter preference in the Red Blue era, but my good friend from college enjoys Charizard for being a dragon. Though the Mr. Fish comic made him like gyarados more so I gave him a Moxie one for a playthrough.

But seriously iK just stap et! The actual facts are that Charizard is overrated in the pop cultural sense, which then transforms to rage when people who don't fully grasp competitive battling read about 'Zard being an awful team pick.
---
One Girl + One Eevee = A Solo Run To RuleThem All http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/60725080
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Charizard is NOT overrated

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived