This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many new evolutions?

#1AuToMaTeDEmOPosted 3/27/2013 10:51:55 AM
If there is something I learned from gen V it's that if you introduce a full gen of new pokemon, older fans lose interest. But new evolutions are a different story... What new evolutions could they introduce though? I was thinking perhaps a new evolution for Primeape, or Raticate... Obviously I'm just a classic pokemon fan but this is where they should be heading instead of constantly changing it. thoughts??
#2Firelion6593Posted 3/27/2013 10:52:50 AM
Technically don't all gens introduce new Pokemon? Granted, some of them are related to previous gens, but they're still all-new, never-before-seen Pokemon
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#3kirbydude385Posted 3/27/2013 10:53:03 AM
older fans lose interest? 5th gen had the best pokemon lineup by far
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#4AuToMaTeDEmO(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:55:08 AM
All Gens need new Pokemon I just think that if they lose the classic ones then it's a different game. Maybe that's just me though... Gen 5 was good but i only played through once, and didn't really enjoy it... Personally I hope that Pikachu will be available from very early in the game, and maybe even catching starters from previous generations...
#5NomytakerPosted 3/27/2013 10:55:48 AM
I hope at least 8/9 of the new pokemon are (pre)evolutions for past pokemon. A few but not too many. I love new pokemon, while I played the original games. Bringing brand new pokemon into the game is awesome, there's some brilliant new pokemon around, as well as some that are rubbish. But that's pokemon, it's always been like this.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
Don't make me HM01 you.
#6AuToMaTeDEmO(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:57:33 AM
For some strange reason Pokemon with only two evolutions annoy me. It shouldn't but it does. I hope they add some really imaginative new ones...
#7IceDragon77Posted 3/27/2013 11:20:51 AM
I hope to god this gen isn't like Gen 4 where half of the new pokemon are just evolutions to previous pokemon. I hated Gen 4 because it didn't really feel like a separate generation.
---
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad159/CrimsonSharpie/ReverseCharizard.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2sba7og.jpg Thanks L4DHunter! <3
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 3/27/2013 11:23:10 AM
I liked some of Gen IVs added evos, but they took it too far.
Gen VI should have some new evos (Skarmory and Shuckle) but not half the Pokedex.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#9Mudkip43Posted 3/27/2013 11:40:30 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
I liked some of Gen IVs added evos, but they took it too far.
Gen VI should have some new evos (Skarmory and Shuckle) but not half the Pokedex.

What?! You want Eviolite Shuckle, and Skarmory running around?
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC