This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats up with the hate for a Love type?

#31Capitan_Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 12:21:58 PM
So instead of actually bothering to put a rebuttal youre just going to personally attack my point? Thats the most unintelligent decision Ive ever seen on this site. Done talking to you Arne. Youre not worth the keystrokes
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#32Arne83Posted 3/27/2013 12:26:32 PM
Ok, fine. I can live with that. It has been a great displeasure to speak with you, sir.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#33EnferolunosPosted 3/27/2013 12:47:47 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Arne83 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Arne83 posted...
Ok, let's try it this way. Instead of me trying to come up with an argument about why a Love type doesn't make sense. You try and make an argument about why it does make sense... without comparing it to another type. Ok, go.

How bout instead of running away from the argument presented before you, you actually make an attempt to prove me wrong? Im not changing my argument since theres nothing wrong with comparisons.

If it's so good of an idea, it should be able to stand on it's own with out needing to be compared to other types. So... go. Make your argument.

Analogies are a logical device and a strong foundation for an argument. Why are you so afraid to answer my point or explain yourself? Do you not understand what I wrote? Do I need to dumb it down for you? Stop being a coward.

But it's not a valid analogy. Pokemon is a game about fighting. Dragons fight. Bugs can fight. Ghosts are often considered hostile. All other types embody some form of powers that can be used offensively, except normal, which is basically just the absence of powers (for the most part).
Love makes no sense as a type in combat. You can hit someone with water. A dragon can attack something. You can affect someone's mind with telekenetic powers. Love is just an abstract concept. You could say that about normal, but like I said, normal is pretty much neutral/default.
Yes, there are love-related moves in pokemon, and no, not all moves are perfectly logical, but for the most part, they make sense. Love as an actual type though, that doesn't make sense.
And above all else, it just doesn't have the right feel.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#34raazychxPosted 3/27/2013 12:55:10 PM
Heart type should be a type only in name, but in truth, it should be a healing type.

Moves that already involve hearts:

Covet
Attract
Heart Stamp
Heart Swap

Et cetera.

Certain old Pokes (Blissey, for example) could become a new dual-type, Normal/Heart.

It's been forever since Pokemon has had anything new thrown into the mix, anyway. It's the same old, same old boring system since forever. IVs, EVs, same old types since the Gold/Silver generation. Regarding types, practically nothing has changed, which is boring beyond words.

Granted, they're probably too lazy to add in any new types at this rate. I'm not expecting much from them. Sylveon will probably be a normal type. But it would be nice to have a change...
#35raazychxPosted 3/27/2013 12:56:34 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Arne83 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Arne83 posted...
Ok, let's try it this way. Instead of me trying to come up with an argument about why a Love type doesn't make sense. You try and make an argument about why it does make sense... without comparing it to another type. Ok, go.

How bout instead of running away from the argument presented before you, you actually make an attempt to prove me wrong? Im not changing my argument since theres nothing wrong with comparisons.

If it's so good of an idea, it should be able to stand on it's own with out needing to be compared to other types. So... go. Make your argument.

Analogies are a logical device and a strong foundation for an argument. Why are you so afraid to answer my point or explain yourself? Do you not understand what I wrote? Do I need to dumb it down for you? Stop being a coward.

But it's not a valid analogy. Pokemon is a game about fighting. Dragons fight. Bugs can fight. Ghosts are often considered hostile. All other types embody some form of powers that can be used offensively, except normal, which is basically just the absence of powers (for the most part).
Love makes no sense as a type in combat. You can hit someone with water. A dragon can attack something. You can affect someone's mind with telekenetic powers. Love is just an abstract concept. You could say that about normal, but like I said, normal is pretty much neutral/default.
Yes, there are love-related moves in pokemon, and no, not all moves are perfectly logical, but for the most part, they make sense. Love as an actual type though, that doesn't make sense.
And above all else, it just doesn't have the right feel.

Need I remind you of the face that sunk a thousand ships?
#36Relient_KPosted 3/27/2013 1:27:53 PM
Magic, fairy, and light are the only types people have proposed that I'd be okay with. I would like a new type or two though.
---
We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time. [ER]
#37Capitan_Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 9:33:31 AM
raazychx posted...
Heart type should be a type only in name, but in truth, it should be a healing type.

Moves that already involve hearts:

Covet
Attract
Heart Stamp
Heart Swap

Et cetera.

Certain old Pokes (Blissey, for example) could become a new dual-type, Normal/Heart.

It's been forever since Pokemon has had anything new thrown into the mix, anyway. It's the same old, same old boring system since forever. IVs, EVs, same old types since the Gold/Silver generation. Regarding types, practically nothing has changed, which is boring beyond words.

Granted, they're probably too lazy to add in any new types at this rate. I'm not expecting much from them. Sylveon will probably be a normal type. But it would be nice to have a change...

A pokemon type based on healing would be interesting but they'd have to be careful not to make it either incredibly OP or incredibly useless 1 on 1
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#38dwdwdw6Posted 3/28/2013 10:47:34 AM
Lol @love type
#39Meta289Posted 3/28/2013 10:58:34 AM
All you need is love.
All you need is love.
All you need is love, love.
Love is all you need.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.