This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If they introduced Triple Types...

#31Blazekicker27Posted 3/27/2013 4:23:51 PM
Dragon/Fire/Electric.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#32MetalKirbyPlushPosted 3/27/2013 4:25:07 PM
The hideous complexities behind this idea should be really obvious. The amount of time needed to plan and execute triple types without gaping holes in gameplay would be enormous.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#33Infernus93Posted 3/27/2013 4:36:24 PM
Cheyguy1211 posted...
Can you elaborate on why it's bad? Too complicated, Pokemon will look weird, the types will not match very well (Fire, Water, Electric,) etc. At least say why before you just say it's stupid.

Other people have been kind of doing it for me, honestly. That, and:

MetalKirbyPlush posted...
The hideous complexities behind this idea should be really obvious.

Most Pokemon with double weakness are already damned to be one-shotted. I mean, one of the primary arguments against Garchomp's once-uber status was Ice Shard. A move with 40 base power. Granted, it's not the greatest argument, but Garchomp is top tier, and Ice Shard does cause problems for it.

Triple typing would only exacerbate this and other problems, while creating a few more.
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#34Cheyguy1211(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 4:41:04 PM
Infernus93 posted...
Cheyguy1211 posted...
Can you elaborate on why it's bad? Too complicated, Pokemon will look weird, the types will not match very well (Fire, Water, Electric,) etc. At least say why before you just say it's stupid.

Other people have been kind of doing it for me, honestly. That, and:

MetalKirbyPlush posted...
The hideous complexities behind this idea should be really obvious.

Most Pokemon with double weakness are already damned to be one-shotted. I mean, one of the primary arguments against Garchomp's once-uber status was Ice Shard. A move with 40 base power. Granted, it's not the greatest argument, but Garchomp is top tier, and Ice Shard does cause problems for it.

Triple typing would only exacerbate this and other problems, while creating a few more.

This does make me wonder if there is a triple type that can eliminate all weaknesses. However, maybe just a Legendary triple type would be enough if ever used in game huh? Regigigas could've been the first (Ice, Steel, and Rock.)