This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate how hacking/cheating goes hand in hand with Pokemon games ;_;

#1MarikoNumber35Posted 3/28/2013 2:06:08 AM
Like seriously I love Pokemon games but I hate that out of all the videogames that exist, Pokemon games are probably the ones that have the highest hacking/cheating userbase.

I know so many people that buy action replays and stuff and use it to level up pokemon faster, get special hidden stats better, get shinies etc...

I don't even know why these kind of people even bother playing Pokemon games.
I mean where is the fun in reaching max pokemon level in a few seconds instead of taking the time to do it yourself?

Or catching any pokemon on your first try?
Or unlimited money and items?

It sucks because then these same cheaters get into championship competitions and sometimes they don't have the proper tools to control if cheating devices were used on a cartridge so you could be going up against some guy that has every pokemon in the game max levelled with the best EV/IVs and you would never know.

I really really hope that since the Nintendo 3DS is Nintendo's first handheld with online updates and patching that they will make sure that Pokemon X and Y will remain hacker free

Also does anyone know if they have any way to tell if you are using cheating devices at Pokemon competitions/tournaments?
There is one near my town but I don't want to bother going if everyone is going to be hacking and I'll be the only legit player and be handicapped.
---
"You're a liar!"
-Lucy / Nyu / Queen Diclonius-
#2noname2lazyPosted 3/28/2013 2:12:08 AM
500 topic right here please prove me wrong.
#3LightningAce11Posted 3/28/2013 2:14:42 AM
Cheating is for lazy and impatient people.
---
http://www.gifbin.com/f/981329
No! Because I work at ze muffin factory!
#4HellsingOrgPosted 3/28/2013 2:22:26 AM(edited)
same here.

inb4 people come here to defend using hacks ONLY for leveling up pokemon faster so they don't have to spend hours doing it.

Back in early 2000s I spent hundreds of hours and collected EVERY single numbered and letter chip in Megaman Battle Network 2. seriously no use of a guide or anything.
I beat that game 100% and got EVERYTHING. I was a beast at that game and won tournaments in my local area. I even got certain metagame mechanics down so good I would see chips and determine the outcome of the battle already.
Had folders matched for different types of battles and I was f***ing invincible.
Got accused of hacking but I was legit and never cheated ever.

its probably my biggest game accomplishment to date and whenever I tell people they immediately go "Oh you used an action replay right? yeah I did that too."

>_>

I mean if I spend 188 hours getting to be very strong in Pokemon why should someone be able to do that in 8 minutes?

then they ruin the online, ruin the game and ruin competitive fun.
Pokemon games are only fun until the hackers come then its only fun to play alone.

Its f***ing annoying that Datel actually advertises their Action Replay devices with Pokemon images on the cover and saying you can hack stuff for Pokemon games.
Its like they purposefully market them to Pokemon games.
And kids of course buy them and you see little johnny down the street with a maxed out shiny Arceus and he is like" I didn't cheat... "

---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#5Arne83Posted 3/28/2013 2:19:13 AM(edited)
I know what you mean. People just don't like the more random aspects of Pokemon. I don't agree with this, because randomness is part of what makes RPG's fun. It's great because you can't always predict the exact outcome. There's always the little bit of mystery to everything that adds excitement to it! You take that out it becomes... routine and... boring. You know what's going to happen... or at least you have a pretty good idea about it. And if you're able to at least somewhat accurately predict the outcome... where is the fun in that?
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#6Brandon042487Posted 3/28/2013 2:19:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pcupb7E.gif
---
>Insert Signature Here<
#7Classic_SonicPosted 3/28/2013 2:26:20 AM
LightningAce11 posted...

Or you know people with lives.
#8TenzhiPosted 3/28/2013 2:27:42 AM
MarikoNumber35 posted...
I know so many people that buy action replays and stuff and use it to level up pokemon faster, get special hidden stats better, get shinies etc...

I don't even know why these kind of people even bother playing Pokemon games.
I mean where is the fun in reaching max pokemon level in a few seconds instead of taking the time to do it yourself?

Or catching any pokemon on your first try?
Or unlimited money and items?

Where's the fun in grinding battles for hours just to get a new 'mon up to snuff for what you're currently doing?

Or missing your chance to catch a 'mon just because the RNG hates you?

Or never ever seeing a shiny Pokemon in the wild because Gamefreak is stingy?
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#9LightningAce11Posted 3/28/2013 2:28:31 AM
Classic_Sonic posted...
LightningAce11 posted...

What are you doing on gamefaqs if you have a life?
---
http://www.gifbin.com/f/981329
No! Because I work at ze muffin factory!
#10Classic_SonicPosted 3/28/2013 2:30:09 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Classic_Sonic posted...
LightningAce11 posted...

What are you doing on gamefaqs if you have a life?

I only come here at night.