This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate how hacking/cheating goes hand in hand with Pokemon games ;_;

#191grape_purplePosted 4/6/2013 11:02:13 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
nice try but the gamecube would crash if left on 20 hours.

I had my gamecube on for 3 days and it was just fine.
---
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/d/d4/GokuBeeGif.gif
#192Archwing3441Posted 4/6/2013 2:08:49 PM
I don't really get how anyone can get a relationship between cheaters and kids... especially since competitive pokemon is usually played by the older crowds (due to how unnecessarily complicated everything is) and that the older crowd were the ones that grew up with games with in game cheats in them. Seriously, most gamers knows the Konami cheat code (or heard of it so they can reference it in games that have those) which has been around since the "older" gamers been playing. A lot of games now, they don't have in game cheats so they have to resort to outside means of cheating. Also, cheating programs have been around for a while (anyone ever use gameshark?), yet again, discrediting the idea that kids are cheaters. Also, any REAL pokemon fan who has been around since red/blue knows of the missingno glitch... which enables them to have level 100 pokemon.

Pikablu45 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
If you want to whine about how much an avatage we a have against you how about i bring up the fact that when you play online you are ALSO playing people who don't even know what evs/ivs are. yeah you training up you stats legitemitely or not is NOT fair to people who have no knowledge of the game.

it'd be like a pro baseball player playing a peewee player. wheither you hack or not you class people bellow your class rank and that's cheating.,so get off your high horse.
you want to know the sad part?
i could wipe the floor with any of pokemon even without using cheats.
You just use the fact you lost online to blame cheaters.

you probally just lots to someone who wasn't cheating but you call him/her a cheater BECAUSE you lost not because you know they cheated.
and the sad thing is that you only refuse to cheat because "cheating is wrong"
what moral code do you have where playing a game and cheating wrong?
you know a game is meant to be FUN,right?
not just a bunch of pointless grinding.
if you like grinding so much go play ninokuni and if you still like grinding go play wow.

Really so a Typhlosion using Ice Beam and Zapdos using Earthquake is legit?

Also Blissey OHKOing a Cloyster with Doubleslap is legit?

Let's not forget about a Jigglypuff who can move faster than Ninjask without Quick Claw.

CHEATING.

^clearly BS

If you know anything about cheating and hacking in pokemon, doing all that online isn't actually doable. The people who runs pokemon's online system is competent enough to prevent no accessible move lists or stats. They can't stop EV and IV pokemon because the pokemon ends up being programed the same way the actually pokemon are program, making them unrealistically hard to prevent.

dearestnight posted...
Simple TC, let me lay it out for you. Ever play Chess? Getting your pieces ready takes time, which is why you always make sure someone else sets up the board for you so that your pieces are laid out nice and ready for you, no work involved. Some would say both should set up their own pieces in a multi-player game, but that's silly. You need to get to it as quickly as possible, that's why you always have a piece machine do it for you.

This is by far, the dumbest analogy I've ever heard when comparing cheating in pokemon.... For starters, a lot of people play online chess, which DOES set it up for you. 2, Chess game takes generally longer than a pokemon battle, so if we want to compare the set up of chess to pokemon, you'll have to spend hundreds of hours to play chess. Now ask yourself, how many pro competitive chess players spends hundreds to thousands of hours BEFORE they play the game but not using it for strategy or anything, but to set up the board?
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#193GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/6/2013 2:28:09 PM
To 500!
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#194M4G_FirestormPosted 4/6/2013 2:35:11 PM
This topic will exist every month for as long as Pokemon is still played.
---
Celebrity and Video Game Character Fights:
http://www.youtube.com/user/them4gnation
#195SMASHKING84Posted 4/6/2013 2:35:34 PM
"Posts like this just completely to fail why so many Pokemon fans make "Legit" hacks, and I highly doubt they really know what a challenge is, or how to have fun with them. Then again, it's a common error, judging by how many people call the Water temple in Ocarina of Time hard. Many people seem to mistake tedium for challenge."

this
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Please check out my pokemon lp:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0G7lOSuaU
#196Harvestboy777Posted 4/6/2013 3:01:27 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
"Posts like this just completely to fail why so many Pokemon fans make "Legit" hacks, and I highly doubt they really know what a challenge is, or how to have fun with them. Then again, it's a common error, judging by how many people call the Water temple in Ocarina of Time hard. Many people seem to mistake tedium for challenge."

this

This.
---
I believe in Jesus as my personal Savior.
Ask me about salvation.
#197SMASHKING84Posted 4/6/2013 3:12:59 PM
Now i see cheating in this game online differently then a game like say mario kart.
because your not cheating if your doing something completly possible within the game.
Give roost to poison heal gliscor? CHEATING
Get a gliscor from hg/ss and teach it roost,then because tms weren't infintie in gen 4

In order to teach roost to say flygon you'd either A.have to buy to copies of the game to get a second roost B.You'd have to cheat C.hope your friend saved his/her roost and gives it to you.

In mario kart i'd only cheat if i saw someone else do the same.
First place suddenly got a bullet bill? strike him down with lightning and then a blue shell!
---
#198Dark_EinherjarPosted 4/7/2013 8:51:58 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Now i see cheating in this game online differently then a game like say mario kart.
because your not cheating if your doing something completly possible within the game.
Give roost to poison heal gliscor? CHEATING
Get a gliscor from hg/ss and teach it roost,then because tms weren't infintie in gen 4

In order to teach roost to say flygon you'd either A.have to buy to copies of the game to get a second roost B.You'd have to cheat C.hope your friend saved his/her roost and gives it to you.

In mario kart i'd only cheat if i saw someone else do the same.
First place suddenly got a bullet bill? strike him down with lightning and then a blue shell!

Roost is now available through Move Tutor in B2&W2, so it's not cheating at all.

TM limitations don't fall into the cheating category either, because you could always trade the Pokémon to another game, teach it a move there, and trade it back. No one would normally question where you got the move from, as long as the Pokémon can learn it legitimately.

Also, your Mario Kart example isn't cheating, as the items are supposed to hinder the other racers so that you can win. By not abusing them, you would be just handicapping yourself.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#199SMASHKING84Posted 4/8/2013 6:17:17 AM
no i meant that prior to b/w 2 it was impossible to teach poision heal gliscor roost.
because 1.roost wasn't a tm 2.gliscor can only learn it by tm
also im not sure whietier poison heal+poisoned pokemon or leftovers works better,but i think ph gliscor would be better purley because while it's poisoned in can't be put to sleep,etc.
---
#200SMASHKING84Posted 4/8/2013 6:23:17 AM
I meant that in mario kart first place suddenly gets a bullet bill.
(exception is if they had the bullet bill before they reach first)
and that if that'd happen i'd use an item mod back at them.
---