This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate how hacking/cheating goes hand in hand with Pokemon games ;_;

#201Dark_EinherjarPosted 4/9/2013 10:53:59 AM(edited)
SMASHKING84 posted...
no i meant that prior to b/w 2 it was impossible to teach poision heal gliscor roost.
because 1.roost wasn't a tm 2.gliscor can only learn it by tm
also im not sure whietier poison heal+poisoned pokemon or leftovers works better,but i think ph gliscor would be better purley because while it's poisoned in can't be put to sleep,etc.

Poison Heal is twice as effective as Leftovers in terms of recovery. Two turns of Poison Heal recovery allow Gliscor to recover 25% of its HP - enough to create a Substitute or regain the HP spent on one. By alternating between Protect and Substitute, PH Gliscor can effectively stall anything that doesn't have multi-hitting attacks and/or moves that bypass Substitute (Roar/Whirlwind, Taunt, Encore, etc) until it runs out of PP, provided the weather isn't Hail. Add Toxic and Sandstorm (Sand Stream support from TTar/Hippo) to that, and... you get the idea.
And yeah, the fact that poison can't stack with other real status effects (Burn/Paralysis/Sleep/Freeze) is also a nice bonus.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#202SMASHKING84Posted 4/10/2013 2:37:11 AM
so if i go catch an immunity gligar will it evolve into poison heal gliscor?
because if so i dn't min going to route 23. especially with hidden gotto with the 100% regen code i use
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Please check out my pokemon lp:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0G7lOSuaU
#203thethirdthoughtPosted 4/10/2013 6:56:42 AM(edited)
Like many of you, i was also under the fallacy of thinking that being a "legit player through iv egg breeding" actually meant something. However, many of you don't seem to understand that relying on a RNG is not equal to skill nor is it a challenge, it's just luck based and randomness. I agree with ClassyOldHat in that many people don't know how to differentiate luck between skill/challenge as evident of this topic itself. While cheating is frowned upon, we wouldn't even have EV training or understanding certain move mechanics if it wasn't for the "hackers".
#204GrapeKiwiPosted 4/10/2013 7:40:29 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
YoungGganon posted...
People should be able to cheat if they want. I understand it can screw with you in online, but that's too bad. Just because I want to play Pokemon, doesn't mean I enjoy countless hours of monotonous work trying to find the few select Pokemon that are my favorites. No, instead, I'd rather be able to have a cheat, that lets me find it, the next random encounter I see. What's wrong with that? Get over yourself, just because they cheat, doesn't mean you have to. I highly doubt EVERY last person who plays online hacks 'em except to trade you a shiny for something. Why does it matter? It's a shiny! Just because you enjoy some aspects of the game, doesn't mean everyone else has to like the same thing as you.

this disgusts me

---
Hi guys! I'm an ex Hon/Dota player - NOW IM THE JRPG KING ! Currently streaming : Tales of Graces F NG+ -> Tales of Xillia
http://www.justin.tv/kawaiikiwix3
#205Luce_ImperiusPosted 4/10/2013 8:05:13 AM
Indeed, as it has been said in this topic chance does not equate to challenge. If you still think hacking is bad, fine. But that argument is poor.

Further, since illegitimate Pokemon are filtered in Wifi, there's no problem there. Unless you want to have your feelings hurt because you spent 100 hours (or whatever) making a team and your opponent spent 20 minutes, you really have no problem.

As for Wifi events, I do want to drop a quick note: I don't have access to Wifi that can connect to a 3/DS on my college campus. That combined with, you know, papers, exams, and such usually prevents me from getting to every single event. I'll gladly hack for an event I missed, but I never repeat events (so no multiples). Take that for what it's worth.

To finish, I'll leave this ironic note: the most fun and challenge I've had lately was a HG run. I used a Pokemon chooser online and it chose Glalie. So I hacked in a Snorunt and did a solo run with Snorunt/Glalie.
---
"If you level up a Swellow at night then give it a Dusk Stone [they didn't exist yet] then it will evolve into Ostricho." ~ The Legend of Ostricho
#206GiftedACIIIPosted 4/10/2013 8:14:46 AM
GrapeKiwi posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
YoungGganon posted...
People should be able to cheat if they want. I understand it can screw with you in online, but that's too bad. Just because I want to play Pokemon, doesn't mean I enjoy countless hours of monotonous work trying to find the few select Pokemon that are my favorites. No, instead, I'd rather be able to have a cheat, that lets me find it, the next random encounter I see. What's wrong with that? Get over yourself, just because they cheat, doesn't mean you have to. I highly doubt EVERY last person who plays online hacks 'em except to trade you a shiny for something. Why does it matter? It's a shiny! Just because you enjoy some aspects of the game, doesn't mean everyone else has to like the same thing as you.

this disgusts me

Scrubs who act like they're morally superior over a video game while knowing nothing about the metagame itself disgust me. If you're going to act like you're good, you have to actually BE good
#207UponADarkThornePosted 4/10/2013 9:52:53 AM
While I don't really care much cheating for IVs (since they don't matter nearly as much as people like to think), despite the fact it isn't that hard to get decent Pokemon without it...

But at the same time, some of the "reasoning" some people use comes off as a little silly. "I don't want to have to drive to New York to get an Event ticket!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they haven't really done that since Generation III. Sure, they had GameStop events but it's not like its that hard to walk into the store, whip out the DS, and download it, and walk out. Hell, folks I know who work full time have no issue doing that.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#208xthunder7283Posted 4/10/2013 10:16:39 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
While I don't really care much cheating for IVs (since they don't matter nearly as much as people like to think), despite the fact it isn't that hard to get decent Pokemon without it...

But at the same time, some of the "reasoning" some people use comes off as a little silly. "I don't want to have to drive to New York to get an Event ticket!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they haven't really done that since Generation III. Sure, they had GameStop events but it's not like its that hard to walk into the store, whip out the DS, and download it, and walk out. Hell, folks I know who work full time have no issue doing that.

not everyone lives close to a gamestop
some people have to drive like an hour to get to GS and stuff
---
PSN: RussRock7283
#209PsychoWolfXPosted 4/10/2013 10:21:57 AM
When it comes to hacking/cheating I have 3 catagories...

THE GOOD
Cheats/hacks that make the game more enjoyable without ruining anything. Like hacking in Pokemon that would otherwise be unobtainable in your version of the game, or making your Pokemon Shiny

THE BAD
Hacks/Cheats that break the single player game.Unlimited money, Invincible Pokemon, all items, 1 hit kills, all badges....ect

THE UGLY
Anything that gives you a unfair advantage against other players. Such as maxed stats.
#210SpacePirateKhanPosted 4/10/2013 10:27:29 AM
Maybe if the games were more accessible, cheaters wouldn't have to cheat.
I've seen this debate a million times, so I'll just say that measures to stop cheating aren't the answer; cheaters will always find a way. You have to give them less reason to need to cheat.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan