This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theories on the legendary trio?

#11XazealPosted 3/28/2013 7:21:14 AM
koopabros64 posted...
Well, the cover legendaries represent the x and y coordinate planes

Maybe the trio covers dimensional space

A line segment, a 2 dimensional being, and a 3 dimensional being.

In other words, yes, they will be completely ridiculous

They represent DNA. The Japanese logo makes this apparent.

Xerneas and Yveltal don't represent DNA. Their designs draw from the look of neurons and blood vessels, respectively.

The X and Y in the titles clearly represent DNA, although they most likely refer to coordinates as well.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#12KitschgardenerPosted 3/28/2013 7:24:29 AM
Hoping for a mostly defensive/stall-y trio this time round for a change. The last few trios haven't really had anything to do with the overarching themes of the region so anything's possible.

Fauna, flora and minerals.

That reminds me, Deerling should really have been called Florafawn(a) or something to pun on fauna and fawn.
#13EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 7:39:58 AM
Xazeal posted...
koopabros64 posted...

Xerneas and Yveltal don't represent DNA. Their designs draw from the look of neurons and blood vessels, respectively.

The X and Y in the titles clearly represent DNA, although they most likely refer to coordinates as well.

Funny, because tissue is more closely related to DNA than to axes
No reason to think X and Y have to do with axes
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#14XazealPosted 3/28/2013 7:41:55 AM
Enferolunos posted...
Xazeal posted...
koopabros64 posted...

I never said Xerneas or Yveltal were related to axes, though.

The move to the 3DS is probably what inspired them to use titles based on axes, which in turn inspired them to go the DNA route.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#15EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 7:46:33 AM
Xazeal posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Xazeal posted...
koopabros64 posted...

I never said Xerneas or Yveltal were related to axes, though.

The move to the 3DS is probably what inspired them to use titles based on axes, which in turn inspired them to go the DNA route.

I love nonsensical conjecture
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
#16iKhanicPosted 3/28/2013 8:15:33 AM
They will control dimensions or gender, because its X and Y.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#17Masenko86Posted 3/28/2013 8:26:46 AM
Enferolunos posted...
Xazeal posted...
koopabros64 posted...

X legendary is on the ground, implying no elevation, i.e. x axis. Y legendary is in the air, implying elevation, i.e. y axis. Also as this is the first generation on the 3DS, it makes perfect sense for it to have a dimensional theme.
#18EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 8:29:34 AM
Masenko86 posted...
legendary is on the ground, implying no elevation, i.e. x axis. Y legendary is in the air, implying elevation, i.e. y axis. Also as this is the first generation on the 3DS, it makes perfect sense for it to have a dimensional theme.

The ground is 2 dimensions, not just the X axis. Air is 3 dimensions, not just Y. And you really the XY reflects 3D well? If they initially came out with X, Y, and Z, it would be 3D, but right now, X and Y is just 2D.
---
#19Masenko86Posted 3/28/2013 8:36:13 AM
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
legendary is on the ground, implying no elevation, i.e. x axis. Y legendary is in the air, implying elevation, i.e. y axis. Also as this is the first generation on the 3DS, it makes perfect sense for it to have a dimensional theme.

The ground is 2 dimensions, not just the X axis. Air is 3 dimensions, not just Y. And you really the XY reflects 3D well? If they initially came out with X, Y, and Z, it would be 3D, but right now, X and Y is just 2D.

There will most likely be a Z legendary. They just stuck with the 2-game at a time tradition. And my point is that the Y legendary goes up and down as its primary directions whereas the x legendary primarily travels on ground, left and right. The mascots, ever since gen 3, have had a 3rd legendary to go with them. I think they'll keep that tradition going again. You haven't disproven anything.
#20Masenko86Posted 3/28/2013 8:40:54 AM
Back on topic...

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65804633