This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theories on the legendary trio?

#21Chandler014Posted 3/28/2013 8:42:14 AM
I Think Light, Darkness, And Nothingness.
---
Official Co-Leader and Supreme General of Team Miror Infinity.
Shadow Pokemon: Tyranitar.
#22EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 8:42:14 AM
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
legendary is on the ground, implying no elevation, i.e. x axis. Y legendary is in the air, implying elevation, i.e. y axis. Also as this is the first generation on the 3DS, it makes perfect sense for it to have a dimensional theme.

The ground is 2 dimensions, not just the X axis. Air is 3 dimensions, not just Y. And you really the XY reflects 3D well? If they initially came out with X, Y, and Z, it would be 3D, but right now, X and Y is just 2D.

There will most likely be a Z legendary. They just stuck with the 2-game at a time tradition. And my point is that the Y legendary goes up and down as its primary directions whereas the x legendary primarily travels on ground, left and right. The mascots, ever since gen 3, have had a 3rd legendary to go with them. I think they'll keep that tradition going again. You haven't disproven anything.

So the ground legendary just runs in a line? It can't change direction?
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#23UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/28/2013 8:43:02 AM
Chandler014 posted...

We just had that >.>
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#24Masenko86Posted 3/28/2013 8:46:41 AM
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
legendary is on the ground, implying no elevation, i.e. x axis. Y legendary is in the air, implying elevation, i.e. y axis. Also as this is the first generation on the 3DS, it makes perfect sense for it to have a dimensional theme.

The ground is 2 dimensions, not just the X axis. Air is 3 dimensions, not just Y. And you really the XY reflects 3D well? If they initially came out with X, Y, and Z, it would be 3D, but right now, X and Y is just 2D.

There will most likely be a Z legendary. They just stuck with the 2-game at a time tradition. And my point is that the Y legendary goes up and down as its primary directions whereas the x legendary primarily travels on ground, left and right. The mascots, ever since gen 3, have had a 3rd legendary to go with them. I think they'll keep that tradition going again. You haven't disproven anything.

X coordinates are used even in 3D models, genius. As it won't be a flying type though, coordinates will be (ax, 0y, cz) wherever it goes
#25Chandler014Posted 3/28/2013 8:49:13 AM
UltimaZangetsu posted...
Chandler014 posted...

We just had that >.>

I don't recall a trio like that.... Are you talking about the Tao Trio?
---
Official Co-Leader and Supreme General of Team Miror Infinity.
Shadow Pokemon: Tyranitar.
#26EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 8:49:46 AM
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...

X coordinates are used even in 3D models, genius. As it won't be a flying type though, coordinates will be (ax, 0y, cz) wherever it goes

Yes, but X is 1 direction
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
#27Masenko86Posted 3/28/2013 8:59:53 AM
Enferolunos posted...

I never argued otherwise. You're reading into it too much. It's over simplified so kids can enjoy it too. For simplicity sake, ground is represented by x axis and sky by y axis. I realize what you're saying, but come on. I have a degree in math and I can see them using this concept. They may not, but I wouldn't rule it out.
#28EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 9:00:59 AM
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

I never argued otherwise. You're reading into it too much. It's over simplified so kids can enjoy it too. For simplicity sake, ground is represented by x axis and sky by y axis. I realize what you're saying, but come on. I have a degree in math and I can see them using this concept. They may not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

So what would Z represent?
---
#29Masenko86Posted 3/28/2013 9:11:29 AM
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Z axis.

I'm thinking it will be a sea creature, but only since ground and sky go with the other 2. Once again, you're thinking too hard. Maybe this is why they decided not to do a Z version with the release. How should I know? It's speculation and I'm not Gamefreak. Even if x and y don't represent ground and sky, I still feel the dimensional aspect can't be discarded until proven otherwise.
#30EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 9:28:00 AM
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Z axis.

I'm thinking it will be a sea creature, but only since ground and sky go with the other 2. Once again, you're thinking too hard. Maybe this is why they decided not to do a Z version with the release. How should I know? It's speculation and I'm not Gamefreak. Even if x and y don't represent ground and sky, I still feel the dimensional aspect can't be discarded until proven otherwise.

So, the X-axis is a plane of the ground, the Y-axis is up, and the Z-axis is down?
I'm not sure that's the best coordinate system.
My point is, the notion of Xerneas representing the X-axis doesn't make any sense. Yveltal representing the Y makes marginally more sense. Regardless of technicalities, it's just a silly notion. Is it possible they're trying to evoke the concept of 3D with the names? Yes. But I don't think that's actually what they're going for. Especially considering the twists of DNA in the titles.
---