This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any old gen pokemon in new and future games.

#11ninjarauiPosted 3/28/2013 1:25:21 PM
Marbychu posted...
2 words: Special stat.

Would it be so hard to re roll bthose stats between generations ie If coming from 1 to 6.

Split EVS earned between the two stats.

Re roll IVS

Voila

Or going from 6-1

Average evs for stats

Reroll Ivs

Viola.

I am aware that this becomes exploitable for rerolling ivs of pokemon in gen 1, you could also make the algorithm more exact. I believe the original ivs were 0-15. just half the current iv and round if going backwards. Double if going forward.
#12Masenko86Posted 3/28/2013 1:29:23 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
jayman7 posted...
Not only are the Pokemon of the first two gens irreconcilably different, stat-wise, than those of later gens, but this would require R&D researching a link method between games of two dead systems that will never ever be used ever again. That's the main reason the third gen was a reboot in the first place!

There's this too, but that's what TC wants to fix, as was stated.

It seems silly. It would need to essentially remake the pokemon, so it would be the imported pokemon in name and level only.

It would be silly
#13jayman7Posted 3/28/2013 1:29:52 PM
ninjaraui posted...
Marbychu posted...
2 words: Special stat.

Would it be so hard to re roll bthose stats between generations ie If coming from 1 to 6.

Split EVS earned between the two stats.

Re roll IVS

Voila

Or going from 6-1

Average evs for stats

Reroll Ivs

Viola.

I am aware that this becomes exploitable for rerolling ivs of pokemon in gen 1, you could also make the algorithm more exact. I believe the original ivs were 0-15. just half the current iv and round if going backwards. Double if going forward.

Given how much effort they put into the second gen to prevent Pokemon from changing at all when traded to and from the first gen? (Gender was tied to the Strength DV, held items overwrote the Catch Rate, which was kinda pointless to have on already-caught Pokemon anyway, the Special stats used the same DVs and Stat EXP.) I don't see GameFreak ever doing this. Even if not for all the other stuff I've already pointed out.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#14Masenko86Posted 3/28/2013 1:34:22 PM
jayman7 posted...
Masenko86 posted...
TC means get pokemon from the physical copies of rby and gsc to the newer games. And it has nothing to do with special split.

Well, actually, it has more to do with it than you think, though it's not the only or even most significant factor. Even when the Special stat was split in the second gen, the DVs (basically IVs) and stat experience (basically EVs) for the two stats were not separate. Starting in the third gen? Completely separate.

But stat exp could just be wiped out. Even between gens 1 and 2 there was a difference in the cap. If you had more stat exp in gen 1 than gen 2 allowed, the excess would be nullified when trading to gen 2. It's not, imo, as big a deal as you say.
#15Masenko86Posted 3/28/2013 1:37:07 PM
Masenko86 posted...
jayman7 posted...
Masenko86 posted...
TC means get pokemon from the physical copies of rby and gsc to the newer games. And it has nothing to do with special split.

Well, actually, it has more to do with it than you think, though it's not the only or even most significant factor. Even when the Special stat was split in the second gen, the DVs (basically IVs) and stat experience (basically EVs) for the two stats were not separate. Starting in the third gen? Completely separate.

But stat exp could just be wiped out. Even between gens 1 and 2 there was a difference in the cap. If you had more stat exp in gen 1 than gen 2 allowed, the excess would be nullified when trading to gen 2. It's not, imo, as big a deal as you say.

Unless I was told wrong long ago... Then I'm just mistaken
#16EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 1:38:27 PM
Masenko86 posted...
jayman7 posted...
Masenko86 posted...

So you're basically chopping their EVs and rewriting their IVs. It's really not the same pokemon after that.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#17jayman7Posted 3/28/2013 1:38:47 PM
Masenko86 posted...
But stat exp could just be wiped out.

Then is it really the same Pokemon?

Even between gens 1 and 2 there was a difference in the cap. If you had more stat exp in gen 1 than gen 2 allowed, the excess would be nullified when trading to gen 2.

Lies. Stat EXP was exactly the same between the two gens according to every source I've ever seen on the subject.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere