This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What I would love for the region

#1EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 2:35:29 PM
Based on Paris, geographically
This is almost certainly a given. But I wanted to go into detail.
First: It keeps the Seine (well, named differently). You have a nice, neat bisection of the region, with Notre Dame in the middle of the Seine in the middle of the map. There could be a few Parisian/French landmarks, we already have the Eiffel Tower/Versailles.

Two distinct starting points.
If you start in X, let's say, you start on the left of the region, above the river. You quest clockwise, getting 4 gym badges in the northern half of the region, then cross the river, and go to the southern half of the region, where you proceed clockwise to get the other 4 badges. If you start in Y, you start on the right of the region, and do the same, but getting the 4 in the south first, then crossing over and going to the north for the last 4.

Notice: This wouldn't be a strict clockwise, like the top half of Unova in BW. It would be more like the past regions in terms of interconnectivity, but it would generally trend clockwise.

This would of course mean scaling levels of wild pokemon differently, and having different pokemon in different routes (But mostly levels). There would be difference in when you got pokemon, in addition to straight-up version exclusives (This would also force Gamefreak to make early pokemon a bit more viable). The gym leaders would also have different levels for pokemon (And more powerful species pokemon, if they're in the later 4 compared to the first 4).

Also, there could be many areas that unlock after the E4 for both versions, like in gen II/IV/V.

WARNING: Stupid story ideas (related to this setup) follow, read at your own risk (this is a topic about the region, didn't want to subject you to story unless you wanted): This would also allow for 2 more distinct (perhaps parallel) stories between the versions. Maybe the character you don't choose is your long-distance friend, who lives on the other side of the map. As you proceed through your side of the map, they proceed through theirs. You experience, directly, the story of one game, while learning of their exploits, which would be the story of the other. They would be connected, it would mostly relate to dispatching the evil organization. Maybe you take on their hideout in the north while your friend takes on their hideout in the south. You finally meet face to face at the E4, where you would probably battle. In order to fully experience their side of the story, you would have to get the other version, but they could explain the story enough in one version that you wouldn't need to play both to understand everything.

The Pokemon League in the center of the map
We always get the Pokemon league on some extreme edge or corner of the map. Why not the middle? Going back to what I said previously: we have Notre Dame in the center of the map. We have footage of a room that has stained glass like a cathedral, and easily looks grand enough to be the pokemon league. After getting all of the badges, you go to the island with Notre Dame, and go through Victory Road to get to Notre Dame, which would be the Pokemon League.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#2NessEggmanPosted 3/28/2013 2:38:14 PM
These are all really cool ideas. It's unlikely that they'd do something this dynamic, but it's still a really great idea. I hope they do stuff like this.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#3Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 2:39:20 PM
NessEggman posted...
These are all really cool ideas. It's unlikely that they'd do something this dynamic, but it's still a really great idea. I hope they do stuff like this.

Yeah, I'm not expecting many of these. The only one I think is at all likely is Notre Dame being the E4.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
#4NessEggmanPosted 3/28/2013 2:41:53 PM
My favorite part is the story. It could be something like how Ruby and Sapphire had parallel stories about Team Magma and Team Aqua, but your 'friend' could go through the 'other' story while you do, effectively stopping both groups at once.

Of course it doesn't necessarily have to be like Magma/Aqua, that's just an easy way to visualize it I think :3
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#5Gray_AreasPosted 3/28/2013 3:01:44 PM
Perhaps it isn't based solely on Paris/France? That tower looks more like Blackpoot Tower to me.

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/14/16113000/ngbbs480ba692d8822.jpg

Maybe it's based on all of western Europe?
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#6Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 3:03:31 PM(edited)
Gray_Areas posted...
Perhaps it isn't based solely on Paris/France? That tower looks more like Blackpoot Tower to me.

>_>
Pikachu was standing on the Eiffel Tower. It's a creative adaptation.
And the Blackpool Tower was based on the Eiffel Tower.
---
#7NomytakerPosted 3/28/2013 3:18:36 PM
I'd love the region to be based on France as a whole. There can be some great places in france.

I'd love to see a city based on Mont St Michel. http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/standingonmyhead/files/2012/09/mont_st_michel.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Saint-Michel

Also for a great high tech (posh) city we have Monaco in the south.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
Don't make me HM01 you.
#8SuperRup91Posted 3/28/2013 3:20:25 PM
different starting points for versions would be pretty cool.
#9Gray_AreasPosted 3/28/2013 3:22:20 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Gray_Areas posted...

>_>

Of that I was unaware. And I'm aware of Pikachu's location in the trailer. But I still think it will use more than Paris as a base.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#10Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 3:25:31 PM
Gray_Areas posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Gray_Areas posted...

>_>

Of that I was unaware. And I'm aware of Pikachu's location in the trailer. But I still think it will use more than Paris as a base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackpool_Tower
Second sentence :p
More than Paris? Probably. More than France? Probably not.
---