This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some types that you want on your team in every game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What are some types that you want on your team in every game?
3 years ago#1
Call them staple types, if you will. Pokemon types that you like to keep on your main team for every new Pokemon game.

Personally, I have:

Fire
Water
EDIT 2: Electric. Sorry guys. I'm tired, it's been a long day.
EDIT: Forgot Flying. I'm overly fond of Togetic/Kiss

The other three slots I usually just fill with whatever I'm in the mood for for that particular game. I generally try to bring a ground and/or rock type, and maybe a dragon type, but I don't always.

And it doesn't have to be single type. It can be dual type. I just didn't include the second type in my list because it's not usually the same every time. One game I'll have Fire/Fighting, the next I'll have Fire/Flying, etc.
PSN: Solirus
Feel free to add me.
3 years ago#2
Water
Flying
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
3 years ago#3
Thunder is not a pokemon type.
3 years ago#4
I'd say flying types, 'need dat fly'.
3 years ago#5
Electric
Water
Dragon
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
3 years ago#6
SolarTailsBeam posted...
Thunder is not a pokemon type.
3 years ago#7
Enferolunos posted...
Water
Flying
Where is my desk?
3 years ago#8
My in-game teams always include a Grass-type, a Fire-type, and a Water-type. Helps keep things balanced. I always have to have something that can learn Fly. I don't require the Fly user to be a Flying-type, though as I'm sure you can understand, this usually turns out to be the case anyway. I actually have a structure for my in-game teams, and it goes as thus;

1: Wildcard. This slot goes to whatever I damn well want. If I want to use something that doesn't learn HMs, this is the slot it's most likely to occupy. Examples of mine include Wynaut, Weezing, and Klinklang.

2: Potential HM user. This slot goes to Pokemon that can make particularly decent use of HMs, whether or not the storyline calls for heavy HM usage. I prefer to not use the term HM slave, by the way. And I actually train my HM users, unlike other people. Examples of mine include Linoone, Dunsparce, and Zoroark.

3: Grass-type. This slot goes to a Grass-type Pokemon, obviously. I prefer if it's able to learn Cut, but it's not a requirement. Examples of mine include Shiftry, Victreebel, and Simisage.

4: Fire-type. This slot goes to a Fire-type, or at least something that can become one in battle. Examples of mine include Castform (only weather changing move is Sunny Day), Typhlosion, and Emboar.

5: Water-type. This slot goes to a Water-type. Compatibility with Surf and Waterfall is a must. Also Dive, in Hoenn-based games. Examples of mine include Swampert, Qwilfish, and Red-Striped Basculin.

6: Fly user. This slot goes to the Pokemon I teach Fly to. Because of the distinct lack of Fire-types, this role will never go to a Fire-type unless they add a LOT more Fire-types into the game. Charizard and Volcarona would both occupy the Fire-type slot instead. Examples of mine include Pelipper (RIP), Togekiss, and Swoobat.
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that. I dare you.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What are some types that you want on your team in every game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived