This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some types that you want on your team in every game?

#1EternalNetherPosted 3/28/2013 2:37:25 PM(edited)
Call them staple types, if you will. Pokemon types that you like to keep on your main team for every new Pokemon game.

Personally, I have:

Fire
Water
EDIT 2: Electric. Sorry guys. I'm tired, it's been a long day.
EDIT: Forgot Flying. I'm overly fond of Togetic/Kiss

The other three slots I usually just fill with whatever I'm in the mood for for that particular game. I generally try to bring a ground and/or rock type, and maybe a dragon type, but I don't always.

And it doesn't have to be single type. It can be dual type. I just didn't include the second type in my list because it's not usually the same every time. One game I'll have Fire/Fighting, the next I'll have Fire/Flying, etc.
---
PSN: Solirus
Feel free to add me.
#2EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 2:33:42 PM
Water
Flying
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3SolarTailsBeamPosted 3/28/2013 2:34:49 PM
Thunder is not a pokemon type.
#4Human-BeanPosted 3/28/2013 2:35:04 PM
I'd say flying types, 'need dat fly'.
#5OracleGunnerPosted 3/28/2013 2:35:28 PM
Electric
Water
Dragon
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#6Human-BeanPosted 3/28/2013 2:35:39 PM
SolarTailsBeam posted...
Thunder is not a pokemon type.
#7Cpt_CalamityPosted 3/28/2013 2:36:45 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Water
Flying

---
Where is my desk?
#8Missingno_MastrPosted 3/28/2013 2:43:56 PM
My in-game teams always include a Grass-type, a Fire-type, and a Water-type. Helps keep things balanced. I always have to have something that can learn Fly. I don't require the Fly user to be a Flying-type, though as I'm sure you can understand, this usually turns out to be the case anyway. I actually have a structure for my in-game teams, and it goes as thus;

1: Wildcard. This slot goes to whatever I damn well want. If I want to use something that doesn't learn HMs, this is the slot it's most likely to occupy. Examples of mine include Wynaut, Weezing, and Klinklang.

2: Potential HM user. This slot goes to Pokemon that can make particularly decent use of HMs, whether or not the storyline calls for heavy HM usage. I prefer to not use the term HM slave, by the way. And I actually train my HM users, unlike other people. Examples of mine include Linoone, Dunsparce, and Zoroark.

3: Grass-type. This slot goes to a Grass-type Pokemon, obviously. I prefer if it's able to learn Cut, but it's not a requirement. Examples of mine include Shiftry, Victreebel, and Simisage.

4: Fire-type. This slot goes to a Fire-type, or at least something that can become one in battle. Examples of mine include Castform (only weather changing move is Sunny Day), Typhlosion, and Emboar.

5: Water-type. This slot goes to a Water-type. Compatibility with Surf and Waterfall is a must. Also Dive, in Hoenn-based games. Examples of mine include Swampert, Qwilfish, and Red-Striped Basculin.

6: Fly user. This slot goes to the Pokemon I teach Fly to. Because of the distinct lack of Fire-types, this role will never go to a Fire-type unless they add a LOT more Fire-types into the game. Charizard and Volcarona would both occupy the Fire-type slot instead. Examples of mine include Pelipper (RIP), Togekiss, and Swoobat.
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that. I dare you.