This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some of you may have seen my Fennekin = Fire/Electric Evo idea.

#1NomytakerPosted 3/28/2013 3:39:55 PM
I can't remember the topic (and to lazy/tired to look for it), but someone done a "what would Fennekin's Pokedex info say" topic. And I jokingly put something like

"There is a lot of static charge in it's ear fur, sometimes sparks jolt out of them when it barks."

While I was joking at the time, I now think it's a great idea, let me explain why, and my "theories" for the other two starter pokemon.

It's all to do with the type triangle. Someone mentioned on that topic that the Fire/Electric would be cool, but X4 weakness to Ground. Which, while it does suck, it's not the worst thing in the world.

Then today I remember, someone claimed that Froakie evo's could be a Water/Flying type. Since it has those weird Cloud/Bubble things around it. If it did. It would get....X4 Electric weakness.

And so came to the next thing....Chespin is very Brown...what's the usual type for brownish/tan pokemon. Ground types! Grass/Ground for Chespin's evo's. They're based on a Hedgehog too. In my oppinion a hedgehog would make a pretty good ground type. And hey, it'll have a X4 weakness to Froakies flying evos.

So there we have it! Water>Fire>Grass>Water, while their second types give them a X4 weakness the other direction Water/Flying<Electric. Fire/Electric<Ground. Grass/Ground<Flying (Or Flying>Ground>Electric>Flying)

Although this all said, I don't really prefer this to happen. Chespin evos into a Grass/Steel, or Grass/Dark. Fennekin would be great as a Fire/Ground (desert fox), or Fire/Psychic (sue me.) Froakie would be fine as a Pure Water.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
Don't make me HM01 you.
#2iKhanicPosted 3/28/2013 3:41:51 PM
Honestly, Fire/Electric would be awesome. The ground weakness can be fixed with an Air Balloon.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#3EnferolunosPosted 3/28/2013 3:43:46 PM
Nomytaker posted...
I can't remember the topic (and to lazy/tired to look for it), but someone done a "what would Fennekin's Pokedex info say" topic. And I jokingly put something like

"There is a lot of static charge in it's ear fur, sometimes sparks jolt out of them when it barks."

While I was joking at the time, I now think it's a great idea, let me explain why, and my "theories" for the other two starter pokemon.

It's all to do with the type triangle. Someone mentioned on that topic that the Fire/Electric would be cool, but X4 weakness to Ground. Which, while it does suck, it's not the worst thing in the world.

Then today I remember, someone claimed that Froakie evo's could be a Water/Flying type. Since it has those weird Cloud/Bubble things around it. If it did. It would get....X4 Electric weakness.

And so came to the next thing....Chespin is very Brown...what's the usual type for brownish/tan pokemon. Ground types! Grass/Ground for Chespin's evo's. They're based on a Hedgehog too. In my oppinion a hedgehog would make a pretty good ground type. And hey, it'll have a X4 weakness to Froakies flying evos.

So there we have it! Water>Fire>Grass>Water, while their second types give them a X4 weakness the other direction Water/Flying<Electric. Fire/Electric<Ground. Grass/Ground<Flying (Or Flying>Ground>Electric>Flying)

Although this all said, I don't really prefer this to happen. Chespin evos into a Grass/Steel, or Grass/Dark. Fennekin would be great as a Fire/Ground (desert fox), or Fire/Psychic (sue me.) Froakie would be fine as a Pure Water.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color#Brown
16/92 isn't mostly ground
Also, ground isn't weak to flying
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#4Nomytaker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 3:57:09 PM
Enferolunos posted...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color#Brown
16/92 isn't mostly ground
Also, ground isn't weak to flying

Did I mention I was lazy/tired? I always forgot that ground isn't weak to flying, it just that ground type usually don't effect flying types. Derp, my bad.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
Don't make me HM01 you.
#5Zadios765Posted 3/28/2013 4:05:44 PM
Those would all be pretty cool evos to be honest especially fire and electric
---
My name is a secret because... It's just cooler that way