This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Gyms should have themed teams rather than one type

#1Shadow_CharzardPosted 3/28/2013 4:06:23 PM
C for me.

Yes, the mono-type Leaders are a tradition, but I'm getting a little tired of it. I'd like to see the new gyms--if only a few of them--try to theme their teams around something other than type. How about weather teams? A team that revolves around Baton Passing? It'd also be nice to battle Leaders who have more than 3 pokes.
#2thebrawler56Posted 3/28/2013 4:09:01 PM
Shadow_Charzard posted...
C for me.

Yes, the mono-type Leaders are a tradition, but I'm getting a little tired of it. I'd like to see the new gyms--if only a few of them--try to theme their teams around something other than type. How about weather teams? A team that revolves around Baton Passing? It'd also be nice to battle Leaders who have more than 3 pokes.

C

My favorite battle is the final battle against "Rival" in FR/LG the second time. The team is very well rounded.
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2373567/falcon-punch-o.gif .Falcon Paradox!
#3FuneralCakePosted 3/28/2013 4:11:25 PM
It would be a nice change.

I'm still disappointed about how Cilan/Chili/Cress were handled. That would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce a triple battle-themed gym.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#4Pooo869Posted 3/28/2013 4:24:45 PM
Shadow_Charzard posted...
C for me.

candice had a hail team...... a bad one....... well hail is horrible, but still it was the only gym (That I remember) that used weather
---
Black 2 FC - 3869-6069-8826 -PSN- Pooo869
"You know you and I are alike, we do not fear the things we must do"
#5soMEguy_povoPosted 3/28/2013 4:31:25 PM(edited)
Not sure whether this is a C or D, but before all this business with weather or gimmicky moves (which we already have, to a slight extent... gym leaders tend to use their reward TM move a lot during battle), I'd rather just see dual typed gyms. For example, Gen 1's Blaine could easily have been a fire/rock type leader, given the whole volcano theme he had going on. Brawly's gym lends itself easily to being fighting/dark thanks to the darkness gimmick.

As a bonus, you could use the dual type gyms to debut new Pokemon with both the gym's types. Eg: a fire/grass gym (forest fire themed?) where the leader has the new fire/grass type Pokemon as his/her signature Pokemon.

And lastly, unless they add new types (highly unlikely, but it could happen), you've got 16 types (minus Normal, which doesn't really add much to a dual-typing anyway) to pick from... the perfect amount for the 8 dual-type gyms.
---
Another day successfully wasted.
"I need a new quote for this signature." - Me
#6kwando1313Posted 3/28/2013 4:34:39 PM
Confirm. That would be cool.
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#7Moocow123450Posted 3/28/2013 4:39:00 PM
C
Not only would it get rid of starting with a disadvantage against the first gym (something people who start with fire-types know too well since 3/5 (or 3/6 if you count the change of the first gym in black 2) are rock. Despite this, Gen. V has been making a good amount of things to prevent this from happening too much), but it would also make these gyms a lot more interesting. Particularly if used with location; for example, the gym leader of Nimbasa city would be great for a sandstorm team. Meanwhile, the gym leader of Veilstone City (I know, two different regions) could have a rain team because the route right next to it is always raining. In addition, if there is a "sun" team, it could be an interesting multitype (grass/fire).
---
Wild Pikachu Appeared! Go Pokeball!
#8MaetchPosted 3/28/2013 4:41:09 PM
My (joke) predictions for dual-type gyms:
Normal/Flying
Rock/Ground
Water/Ice
Grass/Bug
Electric/Steel
Fire/Fighting
Poison/Ghost
Dragon/Psychic