This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Gyms should have themed teams rather than one type

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. C/D: Gyms should have themed teams rather than one type

User Info: Shadow_Charzard

Shadow_Charzard
3 years ago#1
C for me.

Yes, the mono-type Leaders are a tradition, but I'm getting a little tired of it. I'd like to see the new gyms--if only a few of them--try to theme their teams around something other than type. How about weather teams? A team that revolves around Baton Passing? It'd also be nice to battle Leaders who have more than 3 pokes.

User Info: thebrawler56

thebrawler56
3 years ago#2
Shadow_Charzard posted...
C for me.

Yes, the mono-type Leaders are a tradition, but I'm getting a little tired of it. I'd like to see the new gyms--if only a few of them--try to theme their teams around something other than type. How about weather teams? A team that revolves around Baton Passing? It'd also be nice to battle Leaders who have more than 3 pokes.

C

My favorite battle is the final battle against "Rival" in FR/LG the second time. The team is very well rounded.
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2373567/falcon-punch-o.gif .Falcon Paradox!

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#3
It would be a nice change.

I'm still disappointed about how Cilan/Chili/Cress were handled. That would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce a triple battle-themed gym.
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven

User Info: Pooo869

Pooo869
3 years ago#4
Shadow_Charzard posted...
C for me.

candice had a hail team...... a bad one....... well hail is horrible, but still it was the only gym (That I remember) that used weather
Black 2 FC - 3869-6069-8826 -PSN- Pooo869
"You know you and I are alike, we do not fear the things we must do"

User Info: soMEguy_povo

soMEguy_povo
3 years ago#5
Not sure whether this is a C or D, but before all this business with weather or gimmicky moves (which we already have, to a slight extent... gym leaders tend to use their reward TM move a lot during battle), I'd rather just see dual typed gyms. For example, Gen 1's Blaine could easily have been a fire/rock type leader, given the whole volcano theme he had going on. Brawly's gym lends itself easily to being fighting/dark thanks to the darkness gimmick.

As a bonus, you could use the dual type gyms to debut new Pokemon with both the gym's types. Eg: a fire/grass gym (forest fire themed?) where the leader has the new fire/grass type Pokemon as his/her signature Pokemon.

And lastly, unless they add new types (highly unlikely, but it could happen), you've got 16 types (minus Normal, which doesn't really add much to a dual-typing anyway) to pick from... the perfect amount for the 8 dual-type gyms.
Another day successfully wasted.
"I need a new quote for this signature." - Me

User Info: kwando1313

kwando1313
3 years ago#6
Confirm. That would be cool.
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right

User Info: Moocow123450

Moocow123450
3 years ago#7
C
Not only would it get rid of starting with a disadvantage against the first gym (something people who start with fire-types know too well since 3/5 (or 3/6 if you count the change of the first gym in black 2) are rock. Despite this, Gen. V has been making a good amount of things to prevent this from happening too much), but it would also make these gyms a lot more interesting. Particularly if used with location; for example, the gym leader of Nimbasa city would be great for a sandstorm team. Meanwhile, the gym leader of Veilstone City (I know, two different regions) could have a rain team because the route right next to it is always raining. In addition, if there is a "sun" team, it could be an interesting multitype (grass/fire).
Wild Pikachu Appeared! Go Pokeball!

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
3 years ago#8
My (joke) predictions for dual-type gyms:
Normal/Flying
Rock/Ground
Water/Ice
Grass/Bug
Electric/Steel
Fire/Fighting
Poison/Ghost
Dragon/Psychic

Dark-type, as always, gets no Gym.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. C/D: Gyms should have themed teams rather than one type

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived