This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have never played yellow

#1LightningAce11Posted 3/29/2013 12:47:48 AM
I've only played red, then gold came out, and I wasn't too interested in it. I don't think I even knew yellow existed, but then I got ruby and leaf green. How is it?
---
http://www.gifbin.com/f/981329
No! Because I work at ze muffin factory!
#2GuitaristMattPosted 3/29/2013 12:53:36 AM
It's cool, you get all 3 starter poke'mon! It made it a lot easier to complete the poke'dex.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#3noname2lazyPosted 3/29/2013 12:55:01 AM
It's pretty much the same thing as red green or blue.
#4UmuruPosted 3/29/2013 4:55:43 AM
It was more anime inspired (both in sprite graphics and certain trainer teams), you started with a Pikachu that followed you and who couldn't evolve, and Green/Blue started with an Eevee. Other than fixing a couple of the more obvious glitches, I think those are the main differences.
#5TherianReturnsPosted 3/29/2013 5:13:19 AM
What are you waiting for? Go buy it and play it.
---
I shook hands with the new Pope. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#6Mudkip43Posted 3/29/2013 5:20:34 AM
It's alright. I might replay it over the summer.
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#7FuzzyJelloPosted 3/29/2013 7:51:01 AM
It's also much more difficult in places, both from Pokemon roster changes (Koga and Blaine in particular) and that both later Gym Leaders and the Elite Four have liberal access to TM moves, which is nice and matches how powerful your end game teams get much better than Red and Blue did.
#8aznjdudePosted 3/29/2013 8:00:03 AM
Umuru posted...
It was more anime inspired (both in sprite graphics and certain trainer teams), you started with a Pikachu that followed you and who couldn't evolve, and Green/Blue started with an Eevee. Other than fixing a couple of the more obvious glitches, I think those are the main differences.

Wait didn't Gary start out with Squirtle though
---
"I had a Best Buy employee come up to me and try to convince me to buy the "Sony Wii".
Pokemon Black FC - 472776788756
#9RikashiPosted 3/29/2013 8:07:14 AM
aznjdude posted...
Umuru posted...

No. He had whichever Pokémon had the type advantage over your starter in Red/Blue, and an Eevee which would evolve depending on how may times you won/lost to him in Yellow.
#10mnkysprnPosted 3/29/2013 8:07:19 AM
aznjdude posted...
Umuru posted...

Yes, but eventually he started training a Eevee. Which is what we saw first in the anime.
---
OT: Black FC: 1721 2588 4695
Official Metagross of the Pokemon boards