This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Saw my first legit shiny today

#31Holy_OblivionPosted 3/29/2013 6:16:03 PM
TacoOfTheOpera posted...
Holy_Oblivion posted...
TacoOfTheOpera posted...
Fought a trainer with a shiny Omanyte in the battle tower in pearl. Me and my friend did a double-take. Then got pissed.

Wait trainers can have shiny pokemon?

In the battle frontiers, yes.

Is there a reason for it or just cause?

Same odds of seeing a normal shiny. Just so happens you can't catch it :P
---
Visit my youtube page for game news, vids, anime, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#32Luigifan141Posted 3/29/2013 6:32:47 PM
FuneralCake posted...
The second was just playing through the beginning of White, and the Patrat that Professor Juniper shows you how to catch was shiny. I was super mad about that.

That can happen? O_O
---
Official Mike Meekins of the AA5 boards. Official Olimar of the SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Psychonauts, Luigi's Mansion 2
#33TacoOfTheOpera(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:01:27 PM
I think I would be 100x more pissed if that happened
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Attleborogamer
Come watch me play some games and Like/Comment/Subscribe if you like what you see! Thanks for the Support!
#34jayman7Posted 3/29/2013 7:34:18 PM
So, um, wait, why were you recording this? Do you regularly record playing through games? It would be one thing if the recording started halfway through the battle, but it clearly started several seconds before you encountered it.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#35Super SlashPosted 3/29/2013 7:35:49 PM
jayman7 posted...
So, um, wait, why were you recording this? Do you regularly record playing through games? It would be one thing if the recording started halfway through the battle, but it clearly started several seconds before you encountered it.

It says in his Youtube video description that he was streaming the game when it happened.
#36jayman7Posted 3/29/2013 7:42:06 PM
Super Slash posted...
jayman7 posted...

It says in his Youtube video description that he was streaming the game when it happened.

Ah, so it does, hidden behind the "Show More" tab.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#37wahaha911Posted 3/29/2013 7:55:48 PM
a magikarp >_>
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#38TacoOfTheOpera(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:50:56 PM
Super Slash posted...
jayman7 posted...

Ah, so it does, hidden behind the "Show More" tab.

Yea i was having a serious case of insomnia last night around 5 am and decided to stream some random run of Fire Red to try and fall asleep and then that happened
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Attleborogamer
Come watch me play some games and Like/Comment/Subscribe if you like what you see! Thanks for the Support!
#39Decon082Posted 3/29/2013 9:12:29 PM(edited)
I ran from a shiny Weedle once because I'd already found 3 of them. Stupid Weedle...

I've also had a shiny Whismur use Roar on me, but once again, Whismur...

EDIT: And oh yeah, about a week ago I found a shiny Typhlosion in the Battle Factory. I didn't swap for it though because I had a good team setup, and it was battle #6 anyway.
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/
#40Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/29/2013 9:31:10 PM
Luigifan141 posted...
FuneralCake posted...
The second was just playing through the beginning of White, and the Patrat that Professor Juniper shows you how to catch was shiny. I was super mad about that.

That can happen? O_O

Remember the Ralts that you help Wally catch in Gen 3...

(Although I got my shiny Ralts later) I was still disgruntled in Ruby version he had a shiny Ralts encounter. So yes, it can happen.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.