This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

was it a good idea to announce the games that early?

#1AlphaDiamondPosted 3/29/2013 4:21:31 AM
don't misunderstand me. i'm very happy to know that these games will be coming, but you know, in this moment when we don't have barely any information about the game, i have been thinking if it was right to announce it 10 months before the release. for example, they could have announced it in E3 (in June) and then we have 5 months only for waiting, and this way it could be easier to give information.

i know that, even if we don't know it, we would still be waiting, but at least during those first 5 months we are not waiting for info about the game, and get disappointed when we don't know anything more (as happened some weeks ago) as we don't know about the existence of those games... i don't know if i explained clearly

moreover, it could have been a big surprise in the E3
#2muttalPosted 3/29/2013 4:24:27 AM
It's always been done like this.

We just expect a lot of info from CoroCoro and well, it hasn't been like that this time.
---
GameFaqs....a place where people are friendly and nice to each other? You must live in a fantasy world.
#3Jrx1Posted 3/29/2013 4:31:01 AM
Yes. Otherwise, what would you want for the upcoming Pokemon Movies? After Genesect there is no more material to cover, and Sylveon already appears in the Movie 16 Mini Movie anyway.

In other words, it's always like that.
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#4scrappybristolPosted 3/29/2013 4:35:48 AM
It's was announced less than a year from release which is different than most games these days. Still had they announced it at E3 with everything staying the same I imagine the Pokemon community would most likely have a stroke out of pure excitement.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#5SerperiorThanUPosted 3/29/2013 4:38:12 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed it at all
#6Mudkip43Posted 3/29/2013 4:40:20 AM
SerperiorThanU posted...

I doubt it. They probably started working on this before B/W even came out.
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#7AlphaDiamond(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 4:41:42 AM
Jrx1 posted...
Yes. Otherwise, what would you want for the upcoming Pokemon Movies? After Genesect there is no more material to cover, and Sylveon already appears in the Movie 16 Mini Movie anyway.

In other words, it's always like that.

i don't get the comparison with Pokemon Movies. one thing is that users know about a game and other thing completely different is that people are working on games and movies. probably right now they are working on the next movie, but we don't know anything about the games (if we don't count starters, two legendaries and sylveon)

one example: pokemon gold and pokemon movie 2. the movie was released in japan in July 1999 and the game was released in November 1999, but in the movie we could see Marill, Snubull and Slowking, which didn't existed until then. they could have done the same: reveal sylveon in the movie as an indication and then reveal the games. and in that time probably they didn't use the same ways as today to announce it (internet, social nets, etc)
#8SerperiorThanUPosted 3/29/2013 4:46:41 AM
Mudkip43 posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...

No, because then they wouldn't be able to see how the metagame plays out to balance it. Pokemon isn't like an action adventure game. You might be right though
#9scrappybristolPosted 3/29/2013 4:49:07 AM
Mudkip43 posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...

Probably since they got their hands on the 3DS.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#10mariobros01Posted 3/29/2013 5:02:23 AM
muttal posted...
It's always been done like this.

We just expect a lot of info from CoroCoro and well, it hasn't been like that this time.

Is There A US Pokémon Magazine?
---
Junie B. Jones: That dumb guy sells stuff for free. Including REAL GOLD! mariobros01: SHUT UP, JONES!