This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Attract used on same gender now causes confusion instead of no effect.

#1wackyteenPosted 3/29/2013 12:26:08 PM
Would you be in favor of it? - Results (164 votes)
Yes
49.39% (81 votes)
No
19.51% (32 votes)
wtf no
31.1% (51 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Would you?

er...
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
#2BurningFlareXPosted 3/29/2013 12:28:24 PM
How about this:
It causes the enemy Pokemon to get agitated, raising it's attack by 2 stages. Much like Swagger without confusion.
New double battle strategy??....
---
I hate everything.
#3wackyteen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 12:29:01 PM
How about this:
It causes the enemy Pokemon to get agitated, raising it's attack by 2 stages. Much like Swagger without confusion.

Nah, that'd illicit too much of a backlash.
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
#4LexifoxPosted 3/29/2013 12:29:44 PM
I think that you'd get a large group of people angry that there's implication of same-sex attraction, and another large group that's angry that it makes a joke of it.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5Arne83Posted 3/29/2013 12:33:26 PM(edited)
Lexifox posted...
I think that you'd get a large group of people angry that there's implication of same-sex attraction, and another large group that's angry that it makes a joke of it.

That's why they shouldn't change Attract to work on same gendered Pokemon. The only way to do it so that no one gets angry is to just not do it.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#6ryudin89Posted 3/29/2013 12:35:00 PM
You know an idea is bad when you have to put in two no options.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#7CarbideTitanPosted 3/29/2013 12:36:58 PM
BurningFlareX posted...
How about this:

Yep, sounds good. But make it also like Taunt.
---
Me? Nothing. You, on the other hand, have a bullet inside you.
#8DarkKirby2500Posted 3/29/2013 12:37:33 PM
Attract would be broken if it did that.

Also, sometimes Pokemon of the same gender would still become infatuated, then the user would become confused.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#9winasterPosted 3/29/2013 12:39:18 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Attract would be broken if it did that.

Also, sometimes Pokemon of the same gender would still become infatuated, then the user would become confused.

this would make it confusing to the person using it and no one would know what happened
---
masterfully done sirs.....yes I sound like a Brit it's because I'm insane......muah hahahahaha.
#10ColtCababaPosted 3/29/2013 1:02:58 PM
Arne83 posted...
Lexifox posted...

That's why they shouldn't change Attract to work on same gendered Pokemon. The only way to do it so that no one gets angry is to just not do it.

And then butthurt fans continue to complain that "OMG ATTRACT DID NOT WERK ON ANOTHER MALE IMCONPLAININ 2 GAMEFREAK!!!" on GameFAQs.
---
Official Shadow Crawdaunt of the Pokemon X/Y Boards and Team Miror Infinity
Collecting 8 pages in a forest at night 'cause YOLO!