This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Glaceon is underrated

#11Oblivion_HeroPosted 3/29/2013 7:27:59 PM
Eh, it's good defensive stats are lessened by its low hp and ice defensive typing, and its speed and mediocre movepool work against its great special attack and a good STAB to have.

A tank by definition can take a certain class of hits well while still serving as an offensive threat. Glaceon's lack of defensive resistances, and its low hp to some extent, make it a weaker "tank" option in lower tiers, though still functional to an extent, since it can't mitigate any damage. But then it runs into problems if played against higher tier pokemon that tend to be able to consistently hit harder without any resistances to help it survive.

For comparison, Articuno has better stats all around except in the special attack (which is still workable), a better offensive movepool, and flying giving it a stealth rock weakness in exchange for more resistances to work with as well as an immunity and reliable recovery in roost, but in general it gets the shaft just as much as Glaceon in both tanking or walling roles.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#12iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:35:21 PM
I do feel like the Eeveelutions get overlooked a lot for their offensive capabilities though (Aside from Jolteon and Leafeon). Espeon is a great sweeper capable of doing massive damage even unboosted, and Vaporeon is also a good tank with 110 Sp. Atk.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#13dwdwdw6Posted 3/29/2013 9:06:55 PM
iKhanic posted...
I do feel like the Eeveelutions get overlooked a lot for their offensive capabilities though (Aside from Jolteon and Leafeon). Espeon is a great sweeper capable of doing massive damage even unboosted, and Vaporeon is also a good tank with 110 Sp. Atk.

Because Espeon and Vaporeon aren't top OU Pokemon in competitive battling? At least try man.
#14LightningAce11Posted 3/29/2013 9:08:28 PM
dwdwdw6 posted...
At least try man.

---
http://www.gifbin.com/f/981329
No! Because I work at ze muffin factory!
#15discodancer77Posted 3/29/2013 9:14:27 PM
I use a hydrarest LO vaporeon. very good
---
Hi, I'm Better Than You
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3225-3487-1145
#16iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:19:34 PM
dwdwdw6 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Because Espeon and Vaporeon aren't top OU Pokemon in competitive battling? At least try man.

My point is that they should be...
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#17RisenreturnPosted 3/29/2013 9:53:37 PM
I use Glaceon instead of Stallrein on my Hail teams because Walrein is ****ing ugly.

It works quite well, and can arguably be better, without getting an electric weakness and a huge Sp. Attack to do some damage when needed.
---
Pretend That there's a signature here.
#18SpoinkRulezzPosted 3/29/2013 10:03:11 PM
iKhanic posted...
dwdwdw6 posted...
iKhanic posted...

My point is that they should be...

His point is that they are...

Read between the lines.
#19RoobitysuPosted 3/30/2013 2:44:10 AM
Glaceon is just kinda... there. It's not good enough to deserve special mention like Espeon, but not bad enough to be eternally ridiculed like Flareon.
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82442627/Homika/28092302.png Roxie <3
#20sonic2307Posted 3/30/2013 2:54:13 AM
RTC3 posted...
scarf glaceon spamming blizzard in hail is like the only good use i can think of it. but then i also hate hail teams

Me too. I hate the way Abomasnow has so many weaknesses.
---
I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.