This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need a bit of advice for my competitive battling.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I need a bit of advice for my competitive battling.
3 years ago#1
So moments ago I got completely curbstomped in an RU battle on Showdown. Here's the link:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru13295991

I don't really like going around on the board begging for help, but this was a pretty humbling defeat for me. I got absolutely slammed on this one, and while I'm not exactly very good at competitive, I don't usually get beaten this easily. I especially feel like the biggest factor was the paralysis. If my absol hadn't been paralyzed, he would've nailed that slowking with pursuit when it tried to switch, and I think the battle would've gone differently if I'd made that hit.

So my main question is this: how can I prevent getting shut down by status effects in the future? Are there any hold items I should use, or perhaps I should consider a new team member to stop statuses. If I do need a new teammate, who should I get rid of? I thank you all in advance for whatever advice you give me.
Roughly the size of a barge! -Gaston
3 years ago#2
Use lum berry, or something with guts.
http://www.gifbin.com/f/981329
No! Because I work at ze muffin factory!
3 years ago#3
Do you have rapid spin on Chan?

A cheri berry is helpful to put on something, imo. I honestly get annoyed by paralyze more than anything else. At least sleep wears off.
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
3 years ago#4
Espeon has magic bounce, that's pretty cool
Me? Nothing. You, on the other hand, have a bullet inside you.
3 years ago#5
CarbideTitan posted...
Espeon has magic bounce, that's pretty cool

Won't help with an RU team, though Xatu can be nice to have.
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
3 years ago#6
LightningAce11 posted...
Use lum berry, or something with guts.

I did have Swellow on my team at one point, but I replaced him with Kabutops because I was getting smeared by every single Entei I ever fought. Should I maybe bring back Swellow and dump Scyther?

DarkDragon386 posted...
Do you have rapid spin on Chan?

A cheri berry is helpful to put on something, imo. I honestly get annoyed by paralyze more than anything else. At least sleep wears off.

I actually had spin on Kabutops. I gave Hitmonchan fire punch over spin because Durant and Escavalier always did number on my team. And paralyze is definitely me least favorite status.
3 years ago#7
im guessing eviolite tech scyther if im right why dont u have bug bite?
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
3 years ago#8
wahaha911 posted...
im guessing eviolite tech scyther if im right why dont u have bug bite?
---

Yes, you're right. How'd you know?

I found Roost and U-Turn to be more important. His current moveset is Roost, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance, and U-Turn. Should I drop one of those in favor of Bug Bite? Though I'm considering swapping scyther for swellow because of guts.
3 years ago#9
that is what like everyone runs in RU and RU is like my home
since I suck everything else...
bug bite is the stronger opt and it gave u a way to hit slowwatever it was without losing your boost
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
3 years ago#10
wahaha911 posted...
that is what like everyone runs in RU and RU is like my home
since I suck everything else...
bug bite is the stronger opt and it gave u a way to hit slowwatever it was without losing your boost
---

So do you think I should take our U-Turn or Roost?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I need a bit of advice for my competitive battling.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived