This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need a bit of advice for my competitive battling.

#1VoidEnvoyPosted 3/29/2013 7:55:28 PM
So moments ago I got completely curbstomped in an RU battle on Showdown. Here's the link:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru13295991

I don't really like going around on the board begging for help, but this was a pretty humbling defeat for me. I got absolutely slammed on this one, and while I'm not exactly very good at competitive, I don't usually get beaten this easily. I especially feel like the biggest factor was the paralysis. If my absol hadn't been paralyzed, he would've nailed that slowking with pursuit when it tried to switch, and I think the battle would've gone differently if I'd made that hit.

So my main question is this: how can I prevent getting shut down by status effects in the future? Are there any hold items I should use, or perhaps I should consider a new team member to stop statuses. If I do need a new teammate, who should I get rid of? I thank you all in advance for whatever advice you give me.
---
Roughly the size of a barge! -Gaston
#2LightningAce11Posted 3/29/2013 8:03:39 PM
Use lum berry, or something with guts.
---
http://www.gifbin.com/f/981329
No! Because I work at ze muffin factory!
#3DarkDragon386Posted 3/29/2013 8:04:30 PM
Do you have rapid spin on Chan?

A cheri berry is helpful to put on something, imo. I honestly get annoyed by paralyze more than anything else. At least sleep wears off.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#4CarbideTitanPosted 3/29/2013 8:05:32 PM
Espeon has magic bounce, that's pretty cool
---
Me? Nothing. You, on the other hand, have a bullet inside you.
#5DarkDragon386Posted 3/29/2013 8:07:07 PM(edited)
CarbideTitan posted...
Espeon has magic bounce, that's pretty cool

Won't help with an RU team, though Xatu can be nice to have.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#6VoidEnvoy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:09:25 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
Use lum berry, or something with guts.

I did have Swellow on my team at one point, but I replaced him with Kabutops because I was getting smeared by every single Entei I ever fought. Should I maybe bring back Swellow and dump Scyther?

DarkDragon386 posted...
Do you have rapid spin on Chan?

A cheri berry is helpful to put on something, imo. I honestly get annoyed by paralyze more than anything else. At least sleep wears off.

I actually had spin on Kabutops. I gave Hitmonchan fire punch over spin because Durant and Escavalier always did number on my team. And paralyze is definitely me least favorite status.
---
#7wahaha911Posted 3/29/2013 8:09:52 PM
im guessing eviolite tech scyther if im right why dont u have bug bite?
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#8VoidEnvoy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:14:38 PM
wahaha911 posted...
im guessing eviolite tech scyther if im right why dont u have bug bite?
---

Yes, you're right. How'd you know?

I found Roost and U-Turn to be more important. His current moveset is Roost, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance, and U-Turn. Should I drop one of those in favor of Bug Bite? Though I'm considering swapping scyther for swellow because of guts.
---
#9wahaha911Posted 3/29/2013 8:20:34 PM
that is what like everyone runs in RU and RU is like my home
since I suck everything else...
bug bite is the stronger opt and it gave u a way to hit slowwatever it was without losing your boost
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#10VoidEnvoy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:22:53 PM
wahaha911 posted...
that is what like everyone runs in RU and RU is like my home
since I suck everything else...
bug bite is the stronger opt and it gave u a way to hit slowwatever it was without losing your boost
---

So do you think I should take our U-Turn or Roost?
---