This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope Gamefreak is getting better at creating online infrastructures...

#1EternalNetherPosted 3/30/2013 8:11:55 AM(edited)
In a series that revolves around battling and trading online, it's a pretty crucial feature.

Be honest now, how many of you have been booted multiple times during a trade and had to restart? How many of you hate that you can only trade one Pokemon at a time and have to sit through the miserably long animation of doing so. Do you hate the pal pad? Do you hate having to visit 5 different stations for different things depending on what you want to do? Or how about just how convoluted and unorganized the entire process is?

Just my personal opinion. I love being able to go online and trade (I don't battle much) but the system needs work. This game looks beautiful, and I'm sure the battles will be awesome with the new animations. Unfortunately how the online works is still a mystery, but considering it's on the 3DS (a much more capable system) hopefully they can make something happen.

EDIT: And since it seems likely that we can customize our characters in a variety of ways, I'm personally hoping that when you enter into online to make trades and the like you'll enter 3D hubs where you can walk around with your character and see everyone else as well. It helps create a sense of community. It'd be a nice touch. I doubt that will happen though.
---
Soul Silver FC: 4084-5736-0282
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 3/30/2013 8:28:43 AM
I hate how we can't do mass trading, yes.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#3NessEggmanPosted 3/30/2013 8:44:40 AM
I like the Pal Pad.

But I agree with everything else... the online (and even local) multiplayer structure needs a lot of work.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#4CarbideTitanPosted 3/30/2013 9:52:55 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
I hate how we can't do mass trading, yes.

I hope we can have a mode where we can meet each other anywhere in the world, also a house where we can store our pokemon. Boxes are rude.
---
Me? Nothing. You, on the other hand, have a bullet inside you.