This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people actually want openly gay characters in the games?

#21President_MarthPosted 3/30/2013 1:34:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22ryudin89Posted 3/30/2013 1:34:56 PM
Arne83 posted...
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
and yes that account is gonna get banned :)

aint nothin to me ese... people on this site never wanna accept me or MY "lifestyle choice" my relationship with skyla.. why? why do gays get priority over me??

Because they actually love real people.

What this guy said^
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#23TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 3/30/2013 1:35:10 PM
Arne83 posted...
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...

aint nothin to me ese... people on this site never wanna accept me or MY "lifestyle choice" my relationship with skyla.. why? why do gays get priority over me??

most gays are want equal rights because they say they have the right to be with anyone they want being with the same gender brings them happiness.. skyla brings ME happiness.. what is the difference?? there is none... folks like me, and gays, deserve equal rights as straights.. we have the right to be with whoever brings happines.. <3 Skyla so much... but brb gotta make another alt.. to talk with you folks some more
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZKnlH.jpg -my girlfriend <3
http://i.imgur.com/JN9dp.jpg -I love her so much ^_^
#24LightningAce11Posted 3/30/2013 1:37:23 PM
Guys, only jarred is allowed to make these topics.
---
http://www.gifbin.com/f/981329
No! Because I work at ze muffin factory!
#25scrappybristolPosted 3/30/2013 1:40:41 PM
Don't care too much. People's, fictional or otherwise, sexual orientation is nobodies business but their own.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#26Arne83Posted 3/30/2013 1:40:55 PM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
Arne83 posted...
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...

most gays are want equal rights because they say they have the right to be with anyone they want being with the same gender brings them happiness.. skyla brings ME happiness.. what is the difference?? there is none... folks like me, and gays, deserve equal rights as straights.. we have the right to be with whoever brings happines.. <3 Skyla so much... but brb gotta make another alt.. to talk with you folks some more

Uhhh... no. Once again, they love real people... you lust after a fictional character. There's a pretty big difference.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#27wind64aPosted 3/30/2013 1:44:44 PM
NezrubBehemoth posted...
It's common knowledge that Ranmaru was in a homosexual relationship with Nobunaga. Both were rather prominent characters in conquest. Now that that's stated can we stop making these damn topics and move onto something else?

History for the win.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#28AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 3/30/2013 1:47:57 PM
I think that Pokemon is aimed at a young enough audience that it really shouldn't deal with issues of sexuality at all. Like maybe saying two people are in a relationship, or alluding to it, and that's it.

Like I think if it were to be done, they could have a lesbian Gym Leader. This other girl is her 'super fan' that comes to all of her matches and cheers for her. Maybe you even have to do a fetch quest. And she like gives the gym leader a hug when she loses, and a 'there, there' speach.

Older players would be able to see it for what it was, but younger players would probably read it on a surface level. ("They're really good friends/ She's her biggest fan".) Then when they get a little older and they look back they can pick up what they missed.

So basically, if they were going to show a gay/lesbian character, I think they should just focus on showing love, and not worrying about labels or being preachy. It's not like Dr. Oak ever says, "By the way, Ash, I'm boning your mother." But at the same time you can tell Dr. Oak and Ash's mom are very close. Well, that's how I've always read that anyway. : P
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#29LexifoxPosted 3/30/2013 1:59:14 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
I'm sick of having the whole gay thing shoved down my throat.

This had to be intentional.

wind64a posted...
NezrubBehemoth posted...
It's common knowledge that Ranmaru was in a homosexual relationship with Nobunaga. Both were rather prominent characters in conquest. Now that that's stated can we stop making these damn topics and move onto something else?

History for the win.

Also Hiker Andy, etc.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#30Mr_PopelPosted 3/30/2013 2:01:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]