This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What upsets/annoys you most in a competitive battle?

#1VoidEnvoyPosted 3/30/2013 2:58:14 PM
There are lots of things that really annoy me when I battle on Showdown. Stall teams, for one, get on my nerves, but that's mostly just because I always get mauled by them. I also get really annoyed when people just up and leave a battle partway through, especially if they still have a chance to win. What really grates on my nerves though is when I get someone who's either a poor sport or they just like to mouth off, and they hurl unnecessary insults at you over the course of the battle. I don't come across people like that much. In fact, I've had some battles where my opponent was really sociable and nice. However, it disturbs me when someone just decides to start slinging curses and just overall rage across the chat.

Anyway, that's just me, but I was curious as to what others really don't like to see when they battle competitively. So let's discuss the different things that irk us when we battle other people, eh?
---
Roughly the size of a barge! -Gaston
#2wahaha911Posted 3/30/2013 2:59:16 PM
When people say I'm a noob cuz of the names of my pokemon and then I win
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#3discodancer77Posted 3/30/2013 2:59:35 PM
Wen Salimance uses Dargon Bread
---
Hi, I'm Better Than You
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3225-3487-1145
#4thebrawler56Posted 3/30/2013 3:01:29 PM
People keep forfeiting to me. And I'm not even that good.
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2373567/falcon-punch-o.gif .Falcon Paradox!
#5VoidEnvoy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 3:03:54 PM
thebrawler56 posted...

Happens to me a lot as well. I've often gotten someone down to 3 pokemon, and they just quit right there. It's even happened to me when I had less pokemon left than they did.

I feel like it should bother me more when someone quits and I'm about to win, but really I get more irked when they quit when they still have a chance. Why give up so early?
---
#6NumberXIPosted 3/30/2013 3:07:23 PM
Same. Damn. Pokes. Every. Damn. Time.
#7thebrawler56Posted 3/30/2013 3:08:33 PM
VoidEnvoy posted...
thebrawler56 posted...

Happens to me a lot as well. I've often gotten someone down to 3 pokemon, and they just quit right there. It's even happened to me when I had less pokemon left than they did.

I feel like it should bother me more when someone quits and I'm about to win, but really I get more irked when they quit when they still have a chance. Why give up so early?

You misunderstand. They quit when something doesn't go their way. 1 Pokemon KO, they forfeit. One guy forfeited just seeing my team, but something else could've been the reason...
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2373567/falcon-punch-o.gif .Falcon Paradox!
#8VoidEnvoy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 3:12:26 PM
NumberXI posted...
Same. Damn. Pokes. Every. Damn. Time.

That's why I stick to the lower tiers. Much more variety in teams in RU than in OU, to be sure. It seems like you see pokemon like Scizor, Garchomp, and Gliscor on every single OU team, and it definitely gets annoying.

Well, I also stay in RU because I'm terrible at the higher tiers, but that's beside the point...

thebrawler56 posted...
You misunderstand. They quit when something doesn't go their way. 1 Pokemon KO, they forfeit. One guy forfeited just seeing my team, but something else could've been the reason...

Well that doesn't happen to me as often, though I did have one guy quit because I took out his Baton Passer before it could pass to his sweeper. That one was upsetting.
---
#9Pendragon71037Posted 3/30/2013 3:16:19 PM
I don't do competitive, but it really irks me when people blindly hate on Smogon.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#10DarkDragon386Posted 3/30/2013 3:19:55 PM
Cookie cutter weather teams

Poor sports in general
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)