This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What upsets/annoys you most in a competitive battle?

#21thebrawler56Posted 3/30/2013 4:39:23 PM
discodancer77 posted...
thebrawler56 posted...
I use a little of every teir.
Machamp
Ninjask
Latios (ITS A BEAST IN THE RIGHT CONDITION)
Skarmory
Blissey (Can't let go of it. Love 'em.)
Marowak

Not optimal.
FOOLS WHO USE ICE BEAM ON LATIOS!
I could work harder...

It's a beast regardless

Latios*shiny*@Draco plate/Modest
252 sp.atk/ 252 spd./ 4 hp.
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Calm mind
Recover
I'm so proud of it.
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2373567/falcon-punch-o.gif .Falcon Paradox!
#22VoidEnvoy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 4:43:48 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
Being an RU battler, I don't see much weather. What I do see is mostly hail though, oddly enough. Snover is pretty popular. I used to get stomped by hail teams, but I made some adjustments to my team and nowadays I can usually beat 'em. Still, that doesn't make weather teams any less annoying.

I've tried the lower tiers, and while they are very fun, I royally suck. I like OU mainly because 4 of my fave five are OU. I probably have more luck with monotype teams in OU than your average balanced team. Mono water is probably my best, but I refuse to play with Toed on that team. That team doesn't need the rain cliche to be successful.

Honestly though, weather teams wouldn't really aggravate me as much if they weren't, like I said, all generic.

Toed, Dragonite, water sweeper, Tentacruel, Tornadus/Thundurus, and steel bug/grass type. That is pretty much every rain team on Showdown.

Just be glad they banned Drizzle+Swift Swim. That "water sweeper" would probably always be Kingdra. At least now there's a little bit more variety in rain teams.

And you're worse in low tiers? I find myself doing more poorly in higher tiers. Also, I'm in the opposite situation as you, since most of my personal favorite are RU or lower (Hitmonchan, Kabutops, Swellow, etc.). Like I said earlier, I really like how the lower tiers have more variety, since there's more pokemon to choose from. The upper tiers tend to get centralized around a few specific pokemon or a few specific strategies.
---
Roughly the size of a barge! -Gaston
#23Xavier_On_HighPosted 3/30/2013 4:49:54 PM
Togek-*flinch*
---
"It was like unwrapping a wonderful present -- a present made out of presents." - Graham Linehan, describing the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
#24thebrawler56Posted 3/30/2013 4:50:13 PM
VoidEnvoy posted...
thebrawler56 posted...
I use a little of every teir.
Machamp
Ninjask
Latios (ITS A BEAST IN THE RIGHT CONDITION)
Skarmory
Blissey (Can't let go of it. Love 'em.)
Marowak

Not optimal.
FOOLS WHO USE ICE BEAM ON LATIOS!
I could work harder...

So, I'm guessing you use that in OU matches then? I can respect that team. Marowak's pretty awesome, especially if you run Trick Room. No Guard Machamp is also nice.

And when isn't Latios a beast? Its Latios.

Marowak@You know/252atk/252spd/4hp/Rock head
Earthquake
Rock ... i forgot its 80% for 100 pwr
Double Edge
Sub

Champ@Blackbelt/you should know what goes here/ Guts (burn)
Close Combat
EQ
That Rock move
Thunder/Ice/Fire Punch (still thinking)

Jask@Brightpowder/Defensive evs and nature/You know
Protect
X-scissor
Swords dance
BP

Blissey(Eggnog)
Do I even need to say it?

Skarmory@Focus band/sp.Defenseive and hp/Forgot...
Toxic
Whirlwind
Spikes
Drill Peck

Some help? (latios is already posted)
---
#25discodancer77Posted 3/30/2013 4:52:10 PM
for Lati, suggest LifeOrb over DracoPlate beacuse more power for All attacks, and you have revover. If you insist on Draco plate, switch to Dragon Fang for the coolness factor
---
Hi, I'm Better Than You
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3225-3487-1145
#26KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/30/2013 4:52:22 PM
The ol' "My first turn went badly so I gotta ragequit" thing.

I mean, seriously? Your Ferrothorn fainted before it set up SR, so its all over? At least make an attempt to get me back...
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#27pyrotempestwingPosted 3/30/2013 4:53:10 PM
I don't hate Smogon. 'Tis a decent tool. The people I have the problem with are the idiots who say smogon is the only way to play Pokémon.
---
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Official Combat Pragmatist of Real Life.
#28thebrawler56Posted 3/30/2013 4:56:05 PM
discodancer77 posted...
for Lati, suggest LifeOrb over DracoPlate beacuse more power for All attacks, and you have revover. If you insist on Draco plate, switch to Dragon Fang for the coolness factor

That actually screws me over the way I use him.
---
#29DarkDragon386Posted 3/30/2013 4:56:34 PM
Just be glad they banned Drizzle+Swift Swim. That "water sweeper" would probably always be Kingdra. At least now there's a little bit more variety in rain teams.

Yes, I'm glad I wasn't battling competitively before that ban.

And you're worse in low tiers? I find myself doing more poorly in higher tiers.

Trust me, I'm not great in higher tiers. But, I have yet to win one RU match. I've won 2/10 or so in NU. As least with OU, I've had some degree of success. That may be attributed to me starting in OU cause I wanted to build every team around Gyarados. I still do that, btw.

Also, I'm in the opposite situation as you, since most of my personal favorite are RU or lower (Hitmonchan, Kabutops, Swellow, etc.).

You'd think I was one of those power bandwagoners, but most of my favorite (Gyarados, Starmie, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Scizor) happen to be in OU and Swampert in UU (I think).

Like I said earlier, I really like how the lower tiers have more variety, since there's more pokemon to choose from. The upper tiers tend to get centralized around a few specific pokemon or a few specific strategies.

I know exactly what you mean. *cough*Garchomp*cough*
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#30discodancer77Posted 3/30/2013 4:57:06 PM
wait nvm i didn't notice CM there
---
Hi, I'm Better Than You
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3225-3487-1145