This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would happen if a pokemon were to have the same type twice?

#1glowinghyrenPosted 3/30/2013 4:46:42 PM
I assume that weaknesses and resistances would multiply like they do with normal dual typing, but how would STAB work? Would you get 2.25x damage? Has anyone ever hacked the game to see how it handles it?
---
Rogues do it from behind
#2noname2lazyPosted 3/30/2013 4:47:20 PM
Won't happen.
#3wahaha911Posted 3/30/2013 4:47:21 PM
No just no
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#4UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/30/2013 4:54:04 PM
Just check the PokeApp thing from D/P/Pt
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#5Gray_AreasPosted 3/30/2013 5:06:45 PM
How could something have the same type twice? Like take a double Water type for example. How is it different from single typed Water types? Is it more wet than regular Water type Pokemon out there? It doesn't really make sense.That being said, it would be the same as having a Pokemon with single typing of that type.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#6The_Sol_BladerPosted 3/30/2013 5:09:51 PM
Has anyone ever hacked the game to see how it handles it?

IIRC someone here told me once that's how pokemon with a single type work. As in, a Dark type is coded as Dark/Dark
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
#7HejiruPosted 3/30/2013 5:57:53 PM
I think in the programming it is like that; like the game reads Pikachu as Electric/Electric IIRC
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#8glowinghyren(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 10:46:30 PM
Gray_Areas posted...
How could something have the same type twice? Like take a double Water type for example. How is it different from single typed Water types? Is it more wet than regular Water type Pokemon out there? It doesn't really make sense.That being said, it would be the same as having a Pokemon with single typing of that type.

I'm not saying that it makes sense, I was curious about how the in-game mechanics would work if such a thing were to happen.

The_Sol_Blader posted...
Has anyone ever hacked the game to see how it handles it?

IIRC someone here told me once that's how pokemon with a single type work. As in, a Dark type is coded as Dark/Dark

Thank you. This is the answer I was looking for, if boring. It's a shame that nothing would really change.
---
Rogues do it from behind