This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Today's top 10 is just plain trash

#61GTomahawkPosted 4/1/2013 9:03:21 AM
I like Garobodor because it's adorable when you put a pink bow on it
#62GiftedACIIIPosted 4/1/2013 10:19:24 AM
Game_ROB posted...
I love how he ignored that even without hidden abilities, Serperior is one of the best Coilers (if not number 1 or 2) because of Leech Seed forcing switches. Hell, even without Aqua Tail backing it in B2W2, it STILL has the Speed and defense for Coil.

Its stat spread seems pretty much tailor made for Coil's existence!

Actually, Arbok is a better coiler, Serperior is better off with subseed
because speed and good defenses or calm mind because it doesn't have the coverage for a good coil set.

Well. It's still at least number 2... actually, from what I saw with a Meganium set, Grass/Normal is pretty good coverage-wise. Steel is about its only bad cover.

Meganium isn't used for offensive
#63J-Don-BonnePosted 4/1/2013 8:04:25 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Game_ROB posted...
I love how he ignored that even without hidden abilities, Serperior is one of the best Coilers (if not number 1 or 2) because of Leech Seed forcing switches. Hell, even without Aqua Tail backing it in B2W2, it STILL has the Speed and defense for Coil.

because speed and good defenses or calm mind because it doesn't have the coverage for a good coil set.

Well. It's still at least number 2... actually, from what I saw with a Meganium set, Grass/Normal is pretty good coverage-wise. Steel is about its only bad cover.

I said a set, not its best set...

And it still doesn't away from what I said. Grass/Normal has good coverage. Aqua Tail only helped bolster it.

And again, I stated Serperior was one of the best Coilers. Eelektross is a tad too slow, Seviper is a tad too slow, Dunsparce is... Dunsparce... and Smeargle has better BT options. Arbok has good movepool and decent defense, Serperior has great defense and is fast enough to set up.

Also, so this argument won't go any further than it has to, I never said Coil was its best set, just that it is "one of the better Coilers".
---
Official Spike of the PSASBR Board
PSN: FrossToad Big fan of Marceline the Vampire Queen.
#64GiftedACIIIPosted 4/2/2013 3:56:47 AM
Game_ROB posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Game_ROB posted...

I said a set, not its best set...

And it still doesn't away from what I said. Grass/Normal has good coverage. Aqua Tail only helped bolster it.

And again, I stated Serperior was one of the best Coilers. Eelektross is a tad too slow, Seviper is a tad too slow, Dunsparce is... Dunsparce... and Smeargle has better BT options. Arbok has good movepool and decent defense, Serperior has great defense and is fast enough to set up.

Also, so this argument won't go any further than it has to, I never said Coil was its best set, just that it is "one of the better Coilers".

It's not as if Coil is a good strategy anyways, notice how all of them are NU? Anyways the thing bad about Serperior is its horrid offenses, it has the same as Uxie and Cresselia who are dedicated walls with nowhere near as good bulk. Dunsparce can at least do para-flinching. Seviper, while being slow, has strong offense. When you're using Calm Mind, Bulk Up etc, you're not really caring for speed much
#65ThatPersonGuyPosted 4/2/2013 4:24:44 AM
SaintZetsu posted...
Did no one else notice it was about cool looking pokemon with bad stats and not bad looking pokemon?

Minus Sneval, my one and only complaint.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItm3iAonVo
Message board arguments in a nutshell.
#66J-Don-BonnePosted 4/2/2013 9:29:51 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
It's not as if Coil is a good strategy anyways, notice how all of them are NU? Anyways the thing bad about Serperior is its horrid offenses, it has the same as Uxie and Cresselia who are dedicated walls with nowhere near as good bulk. Dunsparce can at least do para-flinching. Seviper, while being slow, has strong offense. When you're using Calm Mind, Bulk Up etc, you're not really caring for speed much

Okay, but what I'm getting is that every coiler's got something to help it out.

Serp's got Leech Seed and repectable Speed.
Dunsy can paraflinch.
Arbok's got a movepool.
Vipes has a mixed movepool.

And even if they're all NU or RU or whatever. They're not all that terrible, compared to something like, oh say... Granbull or Furret who struggle in those tiers themselves.

That said, do you just not like Serperior? If so, that's fine, but we should really stop arguing if so...
---
#67GiftedACIIIPosted 4/2/2013 9:59:56 AM
Game_ROB posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Dunsy can paraflinch.
Arbok's got a movepool.

And even if they're all NU or RU or whatever. They're not all that terrible, compared to something like, oh say... Granbull or Furret who struggle in those tiers themselves.

That said, do you just not like Serperior? If so, that's fine, but we should really stop arguing if so...

I love Serperior, it's my favorite Gen V starter and one of my favorite starters overall! However I'm also not biased. But yeah, I agree with you lol, they all have their respective niches. And Furret is pretty cool with switcherooing. Granbull... well has intimidate I guess lol
#68MalkyeaImbakPosted 4/2/2013 10:07:37 AM
I don't remember the list..but #1 should def be delibird...metapod/caterpie, magickarp?

Charizard is pretty good I get sweeps in OU with it (after baton passing a swords dance and a rock polish from mew) (Acrobatics zard is amazing)

Luxray...I don't even want to explain why its great (Arguably one of the best weather lead killers ever..it OHKO's ttar/abomasnow/politoed only have to worry about hippowdon leads and defensive ninetails who is ohko if it does will o wisp on a gutsray)

Serperior and Emboar are freaking good/decent and usable..could've made a much better list

I do agree though Pidgeot is probably the worse starting bird...top 10 might be..though I had used it well before
#69J-Don-BonnePosted 4/2/2013 11:17:44 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
Game_ROB posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Dunsy can paraflinch.
Arbok's got a movepool.

I love Serperior, it's my favorite Gen V starter and one of my favorite starters overall! However I'm also not biased. But yeah, I agree with you lol, they all have their respective niches. And Furret is pretty cool with switcherooing. Granbull... well has intimidate I guess lol

Heh. Well, I am biased... I admit! XD

I mainly play RU and UU anyway. The only pokemon I like aesthetically in OU is Reuniclus. Everything else I like are BL and below. :/
---