This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you even consider Steel type as a defensive type?

#1spooky96Posted 3/31/2013 9:35:12 AM
Considering how many Fighting, Ground and up to some extend Fire too offensively is so much common in OU, Steel types' resistances hardly seems useful. Every offensive Pokemon keeps high base powered moves such as Close Combat, Focus Blast and Landorus' Earthquake, some special attackers usually running Hidden Power Ice, but a good amount of them running HP Fire too.

So what are your thoughts on this? These days I barely see them as a defensive type The significant help about being a Steel seems to be sponging a locked Outrage only.
#2scrappybristolPosted 3/31/2013 9:38:51 AM
Poison immunity.

Only type to resist Dragon.

Yep, defensive confirmed.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#3TigermitsuPosted 3/31/2013 9:39:33 AM
scrappybristol posted...
Poison immunity.

^
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg- Kunimitsu is sooo fine
#4BurningFlareXPosted 3/31/2013 9:39:37 AM
I still don't get why Steel is weak against Fighting and Ground. I dunno if there's some super-educational chemistry BS, which is why Steel is weak against Ground, but really, wouldn't you get hurt YOURSELF if you punch Steel? Steel is NOT ice, you can't really break it by punching it.
---
I hate everything.
#5TigermitsuPosted 3/31/2013 9:42:56 AM
BurningFlareX posted...
I still don't get why Steel is weak against Fighting and Ground. I dunno if there's some super-educational chemistry BS, which is why Steel is weak against Ground, but really, wouldn't you get hurt YOURSELF if you punch Steel? Steel is NOT ice, you can't really break it by punching it.

Balance.
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg- Kunimitsu is sooo fine
#6DarkDemon373Posted 3/31/2013 9:44:25 AM
Most steel type pokes have stellar stats in defense. If not stellar they have large amounts in defense compared to their other skills.

So regardless of weaknesses, yes

Immunity to poison and resistant to most others helps the case even more.
---
PKMN BLK2: 0175-9152-2318
#7BurningFlareXPosted 3/31/2013 9:45:57 AM
Tigermitsu posted...
BurningFlareX posted...

Balance.

Steel already sucks as an offensive type, why ruin it's defensive purpose by giving it such weaknesses?
---
I hate everything.
#8DekuFireMagePosted 3/31/2013 9:46:14 AM
BurningFlareX posted...

Also, when is the last time you caught metal on fire? I get the whole smelting thing, but you could melt anything at a high enough temperature.
---
The Official Resistance of the Zelda Board
Huzzah
#9Thepenguinking2Posted 3/31/2013 9:49:03 AM
Tigermitsu posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Poison immunity.

^

---
WHY CAN'T SHEDINJA LEARN ENTRAINMENTMe in the X board
The Shiny zangoose of the X/y Board! (what? everyone's doing this!)
#10ColtCababaPosted 3/31/2013 9:49:50 AM
Steel- types are the REASON why Fighting and Ground-type attacks are so common.
---
Official Shadow Crawdaunt of the Pokemon X/Y Boards and Team Miror Infinity
Movie of the Year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhoepQrxbfc