This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Generation V appreciation topic

#1AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/31/2013 11:45:36 AM
Let's discuss how much Gen V has changed our lives.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 3/31/2013 11:48:32 AM
Gen V was the best, but there were some things that I liked better from previous Gens.
Lance was a better champion than Iris or Alder, Silver was a better rival than Cheren, Bianca, and Hugh (that's not saying much), Sinnoh had a more original Elite Four, Hoenn had better music in some places, etc.

But Gen V was all-around awesome! There was no place where it was the worst Gen. I can't say that about any of the others.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#3EpsteinBarrPosted 3/31/2013 11:48:44 AM
It's done quite a few things well. The game has become more streamlined, the cities are more varied, the visuals are good, music is great, good world, Haxorus, etc. It's a bit too linear, but solid effort by Gamefreaks.
#4kirbydude385Posted 3/31/2013 11:50:17 AM
favorite gen so far, and BW2 are my favorite of the series
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#5AuroraSonicBeam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 11:50:36 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Gen V was the best, but there were some things that I liked better from previous Gens.
Lance was a better champion than Iris or Alder, Silver was a better rival than Cheren, Bianca, and Hugh (that's not saying much), Sinnoh had a more original Elite Four, Hoenn had better music in some places, etc.

But Gen V was all-around awesome! There was no place where it was the worst Gen. I can't say that about any of the others.

Gen III was my least favorite, particularly Ruby/Sapphire but I still love those games because Flygon and Manectric and the music.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
#6Human-BeanPosted 3/31/2013 11:51:46 AM
It introduced Skyla and, Volcarona, an awesome generation.
#7ryudin89Posted 3/31/2013 11:57:36 AM
Gen V was pretty great, I loved the increase in battle speed and reworked mechanics, the music was plesent, it had that nice mixture or nature and rural areas, it actually had a story (even if it was lacking in several areas), and it introduced me to my favorite pokemon.

In fact the only thing I don't really like about Gen V was the lack of postgame content and pokemon selection. But even that was fixed in BW2
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#8AuroraSonicBeam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 11:58:33 AM
I would like to say for the record, BW2 is the second best game in the series imo
---
#9EpsteinBarrPosted 3/31/2013 12:00:20 PM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
I would like to say for the record, BW2 is the second best game in the series imo

It was certainly better than Gen III and Gen IV, I can tell you that.
#10AuroraSonicBeam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:01:21 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
AuroraSonicBeam posted...

It was certainly better than Gen III and Gen IV, I can tell you that.

Yes, except HGSS is the best game imo.
---