This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D. You learned a lot about competitive play with Pokemon Stadium 2

#1MrFingers07Posted 3/31/2013 11:14:21 AM(edited)
As a 10 year old kid I learned alot about simple things like STAB, egg moves, base stats, strategies. what moves each Pokemon gets, etc through lectures and tests.

Even learning random stuff like even if a Pokemon might be weak to a certain move, it might not be the most damaging move you can use against it, or how to use some hidden combos like Defense Curl/Rollout, how to abuse your opponent when they used Hyper Beam.

Those were the days.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#2AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/31/2013 11:12:34 AM
That's exactly how I learned about STAB.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/31/2013 11:13:53 AM
Most of the mechanics weren't fully explained until then. Some could be found prior to that due to testing but not as much.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4protobakurionPosted 3/31/2013 11:18:24 AM
It taught me that I could use non-attacking moves for a good strategy. Thani you Toxic.
---
---
Team Miror B Admin. Official Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
#5UltimateGamer76Posted 3/31/2013 11:18:57 AM
I don't play competitive. Too much time for something that doesn't really look all that fun to me.

Though, personally, I never understood the appeal of playing competitive anything. (Like CoD, sports, etc)
---
Don't argue with idiots as you will stoop to their level and they will beat you because of experience.
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/31/2013 11:21:07 AM
UltimateGamer76 posted...
I don't play competitive. Too much time for something that doesn't really look all that fun to me.

Though, personally, I never understood the appeal of playing competitive anything. (Like CoD, sports, etc)

Meh, it's part of human nature.

The strive to do better than others (with a fair footing or close as one can have) and the ability to improve at a game (call them a sport if you want to, kind of the concept of sport, competition between two or more people)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#7GiftedACIIIPosted 3/31/2013 2:31:44 PM
UltimateGamer76 posted...

That's your own problem and to be honest, you're not normal
#8UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/31/2013 2:34:00 PM
I've never actually played any of the Stadium games. Never owned an N64
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#9reaverzPosted 3/31/2013 2:44:21 PM
It did introduce me to actual battling strategy. Earl's Academy was great and it's a shame they haven't done something similar to it again, especially when GameFreak keeps adding hidden mechanics to moves.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10EpicYoshi801Posted 3/31/2013 2:46:58 PM
The Trainer School in XY should be like Earl's Academy, with lectures, quizzes, and tests you can do. Having something like the library would be nice as well.
---
Official Donphan of the Pokemon X board. Official Yoshi of the SSBU board.