This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D. You learned a lot about competitive play with Pokemon Stadium 2

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. C/D. You learned a lot about competitive play with Pokemon Stadium 2

User Info: MrFingers07

MrFingers07
4 years ago#1
As a 10 year old kid I learned alot about simple things like STAB, egg moves, base stats, strategies. what moves each Pokemon gets, etc through lectures and tests.

Even learning random stuff like even if a Pokemon might be weak to a certain move, it might not be the most damaging move you can use against it, or how to use some hidden combos like Defense Curl/Rollout, how to abuse your opponent when they used Hyper Beam.

Those were the days.
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf

User Info: AuroraSonicBeam

AuroraSonicBeam
4 years ago#2
That's exactly how I learned about STAB.
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181

User Info: Mewtwo_soul

Mewtwo_soul
4 years ago#3
Most of the mechanics weren't fully explained until then. Some could be found prior to that due to testing but not as much.
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.

User Info: protobakurion

protobakurion
4 years ago#4
It taught me that I could use non-attacking moves for a good strategy. Thani you Toxic.
---
Team Miror B Admin. Official Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.

User Info: UltimateGamer76

UltimateGamer76
4 years ago#5
I don't play competitive. Too much time for something that doesn't really look all that fun to me.

Though, personally, I never understood the appeal of playing competitive anything. (Like CoD, sports, etc)
Don't argue with idiots as you will stoop to their level and they will beat you because of experience.

User Info: Mewtwo_soul

Mewtwo_soul
4 years ago#6
UltimateGamer76 posted...
I don't play competitive. Too much time for something that doesn't really look all that fun to me.

Though, personally, I never understood the appeal of playing competitive anything. (Like CoD, sports, etc)

Meh, it's part of human nature.

The strive to do better than others (with a fair footing or close as one can have) and the ability to improve at a game (call them a sport if you want to, kind of the concept of sport, competition between two or more people)
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.

User Info: GiftedACIII

GiftedACIII
4 years ago#7
UltimateGamer76 posted...

That's your own problem and to be honest, you're not normal

User Info: UltimaZangetsu

UltimaZangetsu
4 years ago#8
I've never actually played any of the Stadium games. Never owned an N64
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
4 years ago#9
It did introduce me to actual battling strategy. Earl's Academy was great and it's a shame they haven't done something similar to it again, especially when GameFreak keeps adding hidden mechanics to moves.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: EpicYoshi801

EpicYoshi801
4 years ago#10
The Trainer School in XY should be like Earl's Academy, with lectures, quizzes, and tests you can do. Having something like the library would be nice as well.
Official Donphan of the Pokemon X board. Official Yoshi of the SSBU board.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. C/D. You learned a lot about competitive play with Pokemon Stadium 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived