This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Weavile got Technician ...

#11scrappybristolPosted 3/31/2013 2:58:15 PM
jamieyello posted...
willingmess posted...
jamieyello posted...
Nah, night slash and ice punch are over the 60 limit, it'd make him better but not ou. The two abilities he has now are useless anyway. He needs a physical ice beam this gen! that's what I was waiting for gen IV

Who cares about night slash and ice punch when you've got a 90 power priority move and a 135 power never miss move?!

Where does the 135 power move come in with technichan??? I missed that part. Also, weavile is fast enough, mine doesn't know ice shard, and return does more damage than ice shard even with technichan. The thing he needs is a new physical ice beam.

Faint Attack.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#12SuperRup91Posted 3/31/2013 2:58:40 PM
willingmess posted...
jamieyello posted...
Nah, night slash and ice punch are over the 60 limit, it'd make him better but not ou. The two abilities he has now are useless anyway. He needs a physical ice beam this gen! that's what I was waiting for gen IV

Who cares about night slash and ice punch when you've got a 90 power priority move and a 135 power never miss move?!

Where does the 135 power move come in with technichan??? I missed that part. Also, weavile is fast enough, mine doesn't know ice shard, and return does more damage than ice shard even with technichan. The thing he needs is a new physical ice beam.

technician boosts a move's power by 50%. Faint Attack has a BP of 60. Increase that by 50% to get a BP of 90. Factoring the STAB will add another 50% increase putting the BP at 135
#13Archwing3441Posted 3/31/2013 2:59:30 PM(edited)
While it can be compared to Scizor's bullet punch, there are some parts that makes it different (listing from good to bad):

1) Ice is an amazing type to attack with, being able to revenge any pokemon that got killed by a dragon dragon dancer.

2) Steal is a sucky attack type.

3) Scizor has more attack.

4) Weavile already has amazing speed, so the priority would only be effective against said dragon dancers or scarfs (which is plenty but still note worthy). It also helps against priority fighting and steal but let's face it, Weavile isn't pulling any OTK on Conckledurr or Scizor (especially scizor).

5) Due to points on speed, Weavile is frail.

6) Weavile's typing doesn't help either, also making it weak to stealth rock and 4x to fighting types, 2x fire, 2x rock, 2x bug, and even 2x steal o.O On the other hand, Scizor is only weak 4x weak to fire.

Overall, it's actually a welcomed addition for Weavile.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#14jamieyelloPosted 3/31/2013 3:06:23 PM
SuperRup91 posted...
willingmess posted...
jamieyello posted...

technician boosts a move's power by 50%. Faint Attack has a BP of 60. Increase that by 50% to get a BP of 90. Factoring the STAB will add another 50% increase putting the BP at 135

O wow I did not think of that.
---
It's different again.
#15IceDragon77Posted 3/31/2013 3:46:38 PM
SuperRup91 posted...
willingmess posted...
jamieyello posted...

O wow I did not think of that.

I bet you say that a lot.
---
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad159/CrimsonSharpie/ReverseCharizard.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2sba7og.jpg Thanks L4DHunter! <3
#16IrishMercenaryPosted 3/31/2013 3:58:25 PM
Also a seriously hard hitting low kick. Tryanitar will not know what hit him
---
http://i.imgur.com/punSinV.jpg
http://gifsoup.com/view7/4072830/karate-ko-o.gif
#17mondrae205Posted 3/31/2013 4:00:29 PM
No one mentioned pursuit? get those pesky psychic types, whether they switch or not :D
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
#18Archwing3441Posted 3/31/2013 4:19:10 PM
IrishMercenary posted...
Also a seriously hard hitting low kick. Tryanitar will not know what hit him

I don't think Low kick aplies to technician. low kick on a tyranitar is already at 120 bp.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#19pokemonzeroPosted 3/31/2013 4:21:18 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
... would you see it being OU?

Right now, it's abilities are kinda average (pickpocket and pressure).

Firing off a base 90 priority ice shard and base 135 never miss faint attack would be pretty devastating, combined with its already great speed and attack makes it a force to be reckoned with, I think.

But, it still is pretty frail.

No but

A pure power Weavile would be OU or Uber
---
Volunteer at Dream World Paradise. Jobs done 18--- William FC: 0648-5041-0950
Volunteer Cloner/RCer Jobs done:2
#20DarkDragon386(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 9:24:15 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
Crap yes, it's already decent in UU despite having bad abilities, lol pressure on Weavile

Yeah, pressure stalling on Weavile would be very smart.

Technician gives him base 90 priority. It'd be comparable to Bullet Punch Scizor (albeit just slightly weaker). Plus, Ice is a great offensive type, being one of the two types good against dragon. Base 90 priority that can hit dragon for super effective is pretty awesome.

Oh, hai Garchomp. Ice shard.

No one mentioned pursuit? get those pesky psychic types, whether they switch or not :D

Didn't think of that, but that would also be a base 90 attack. Stupid psychics.

I don't think Low kick aplies to technician. low kick on a tyranitar is already at 120 bp.

Yeah, low kick doesn't get boosted by technician if over that weight limit. Low sweep though may be helpful.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)