This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if Sylveon is a dragon type?

#11Holy_OblivionPosted 3/31/2013 5:25:43 PM
ColtCababa posted...
Yes. You can tell how much of a threading dragon it is with those fearsome bows!

Made me laugh. And is your username a reference to the wrestler, Colt Cobana?
---
Visit my youtube page for game news, vids, anime, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#12EstheimasterPosted 4/2/2013 7:44:38 AM
I wrote this on a thread earlier. about Sylveon being a Dragon type-

Dragon- Great resistances and no Stealth Rocks wrecking it put it in a good spot with the other Dragons in the game, but what about its stats and moves? Stat-wise it only has 3 good ones, so how would you distribute them? Speed is a necessity for any attacker, but then you sacrifice one attacking stat (Sp. Atk or Atk) or defensive stats. With 3 stats 65 and lower, can it really hold its own with other Dragons? How about its moves? Other Dragon types have the edge of large movepools- Earthquake, Flamethrower, Stone Edge, Elemental Punches, Flamethrower, Thunder... they can hit many Pokémon Super-Effectively. Can Sylveon ever match this? I doubt it'll get Earthquake or Stone Edge or other Physical Dragon staples, unless it's strength is surprising. Since it shares it's evolutionary tree with Pokémon of 8 other types, I'm sure it won't steal their thunder (pun intended) and inherit Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt despite it being a Dragon. If Eevee evolved into Dragon Sylveon alone I could see it, but I can't see it overshadowing the others so much. Possibly it might be revealed to be some bulky Vaporeon-esque defensive Dragon, which could work, but I'm not really sure.

Personally, Dragon is my favorite type for Sylveon theoretically, but I'm not sure how it'll pan out ingame.

SaintZetsu posted...
ColtCababa posted...
Yes. You can tell how much of a threading dragon it is with those fearsome bows!

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/d/da/334Altaria.png/180px-334Altaria.png

Just look at those fearsome wings. And those claws nearly make me poop myself with fear every time I see them.

This
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#13CrystalKing5426Posted 4/2/2013 8:25:46 AM
iKhanic posted...
Human-Bean posted...
iKhanic posted...
I would rage if Sylveon was given dragon-typing, but Charizard wasn't

Charizard does not deserve to be a Dragon, it's got a pot belly in the anime, that makes it look so stupid.

He's already a dragon. I think you mean he doesn't deserve to be Dragon-type. Though in fact he does cus he's awesome.

Charizard is terrible and barely even worthy of his current lousy typing.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4014/5138578909_05b321131a_z.jpg
#14SerperiorThanUPosted 4/2/2013 8:40:43 AM
It should be dragon type so it actually finishes the Eevee special cycle. Then they might go on to physical
#15Human-Bean(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 11:03:23 AM
Estheimaster posted...
I wrote this on a thread earlier. about Sylveon being a Dragon type-

Dragon- Great resistances and no Stealth Rocks wrecking it put it in a good spot with the other Dragons in the game, but what about its stats and moves? Stat-wise it only has 3 good ones, so how would you distribute them? Speed is a necessity for any attacker, but then you sacrifice one attacking stat (Sp. Atk or Atk) or defensive stats. With 3 stats 65 and lower, can it really hold its own with other Dragons? How about its moves? Other Dragon types have the edge of large movepools- Earthquake, Flamethrower, Stone Edge, Elemental Punches, Flamethrower, Thunder... they can hit many Pokémon Super-Effectively. Can Sylveon ever match this? I doubt it'll get Earthquake or Stone Edge or other Physical Dragon staples, unless it's strength is surprising. Since it shares it's evolutionary tree with Pokémon of 8 other types, I'm sure it won't steal their thunder (pun intended) and inherit Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt despite it being a Dragon. If Eevee evolved into Dragon Sylveon alone I could see it, but I can't see it overshadowing the others so much. Possibly it might be revealed to be some bulky Vaporeon-esque defensive Dragon, which could work, but I'm not really sure.

Personally, Dragon is my favorite type for Sylveon theoretically, but I'm not sure how it'll pan out ingame.

I'm quite interested in how it will fare competitively as well, it may not perform as great as other OU Dragons if its stat distribution isn't that good, I believe it won't be viable unless its Speed is 130/ 110 and, either attack is 130/ 110 and, a means of dealing with those that resist STAB. A good ability will certainly help, Espeon.
#16patsfan2312Posted 4/2/2013 11:18:13 AM
I still wouldn't use it
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjkyuXdfhlA
#17Human-Bean(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 5:20:54 PM
patsfan2312 posted...
I still wouldn't use it

Is the theory plausible?
#18UltimaZangetsuPosted 4/2/2013 5:25:36 PM
iKhanic posted...
I would rage if Sylveon was given dragon-typing, but Charizard wasn't

Don't give me a reason to want Sylveon to be Dragon.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."